Legacy Church is looking for a Youth Pastor to oversee a direct our youth ministry program for young people from middle school through college age young adults. Also, we are looking for someone that has had at least two years of experience working with young people.
When applying please submit a cover letter, resume and your testimony of Christian faith.
About Legacy Church
Legacy Church is an established church in our community, located in the heart of a suburb of Boise, Idaho called Meridian. We are a *non-denominational, evangelical, charismatic Christian church. We have never experienced a church split in our over 70 years of history. We have always been a multi-generational church with a progressive heart for youth. You will see people who represent all age groups at Legacy Church. We are currently in the early stages of our new building project with an estimated completion in early 2015.
The Youth Pastor will contribute to Legacy Church’s mission of “Building God’s Legacy” by connecting our youth to God through discipleship, his word, worship and activities.
General Ministry & Responsibilities
1). A true “DISCIPLER”
- One-on-one and small group facilitator to growth (not emphasizing an event or activities driven approach to achieve individual or numerical growth).
- A youth pastor who’s greatest reward and motivation is achieved by discipling and experiencing the achievements, successes, maturity & ministries of others. Be willing to leave the allure of preaching to a crowd of 99 to minister to just one at a time.
2) Student & Teacher of the Word of God
3) Value Good Character & Integrity Above Giftings
4) Be a Servant Leader
- Must be collegial; desiring to establish, facilitate & excite others to work in teams as needed to achieve common goals. Can easily "share the wealth" of success by allowing the credit to go to others and all the glory to go to God.
- Unselfish, servant builder of the church (in it for the long haul). Evaluated by the lack of attrition when youth transition from high school to college and college to work force. Helping our youth to remain life-long members of the Body of Christ. We believe the youth are not the church of tomorrow, but now. They need learn and know how to function as active and valuable members of the church (i.e. by serving, we love one another).
5) Have High Energy
- Embrace and value the active, extra-curricular life-style of our members and their families (i.e. athletics, choir, band, drama, school govt., etc.).
6)Be Out in Our Community
- Willing and able to become a welcomed and valued presence in area public middle schools, high schools and colleges for the sake of reaching this generation for Christ. Needs to honor and value public education. The ability to cause our youth to live victoriously, and to draw others to Christ by being "salt and light" in the midst of a dark world.
1) Creatively assessing youth ministry and facilitating progressive change.
2) Attending meetings and events such as men’s bible study or women’s bible study, care group gatherings, and other events that are church-wide related. Active part of Legacy Church as a whole.
3) Exercising giftedness in Legacy Church and our community.
4) Being a team player on anything that might come up outside of youth pastor’s job descriptions.
Personal and Spiritual Qualifications
Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
Growing relationship with Jesus
Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
Holy Spirit filled & led
A passion and enthusiasm for youth and families and a “shepherd’s heart” for children, parents and volunteers
A creative and teachable spirit
Models standards and expectations of leaders within Legacy Church
Education: High school diploma required, college degree desired
Experience: Minimum two years of experience working with young people
Part-time to Full-time position
Negotiable, compensation package may include modest parsonage.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and your testimony of Christian faith to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Legacy Church, including our Statement of Faith and Core Values, please visit www.legacychurchid.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorM1 Church
- McLeansboro, Illinois
- January 16
High School PastorPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Youth PastorFirst Baptist Church Elkhart
- Bristol, Indiana
- January 16
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
Student Life MinisterSouth Plains Church
- Levelland, Texas
- January 16
The Legacy Church family is comprised of true Bible believing, followers and servants of Jesus Christ. Its members are multi-generational, "Kingdom come on earth" driven, vocationally missional, proponents of public & higher education, strong family centered, and true practitioners of the church mission to "live and love like Jesus". Newcomers often state that the members of the church are among the most friendly, warm and "normal" that they have experienced in church. "Legitimate" was recently used to describe our upcoming youth camp. I More...