The Worship Ministry Administrative Assistant is a 20 hour per week role that provides direct support to the Director of Worship and the Worship Arts ministry, and is a member of the Growth Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet weekly with the Director of Worship to talk through goals for the week.
- Creation and printing of bulletins for all services. This includes weekly worship bulletins for the 8:00 and 9:30/11:00 services as well as special seasonal worship services (Advent, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, Lent, Holy Week, Thanksgiving
Eve, etc...) and for baptisms, funerals and weddings as needed. Special bulletins for the pastors with pertinent information are also created for all worship services. Works with the Director of Communications to ensure there is a cover designed for all bulletins
and assists as needed.
- Creation of the Easy Worship cue each week for all services. This includes the creation and updating of all affiliated files (announcement slides, Scripture reading, rolling preservice slides, sermon slides, confession, etc…) and loading of all components
into Easy Worship.
- Provide all needed information for the people running Easy Worship for all services (marked music, bulletins, etc…).
- Attend the weekly worship meeting, updating and bringing copies of the worship calendar each week to the meetings and inputting all relevant information into Planning Center Online.
- Recruit readers and supply them with needed information for all services. This includes weekly Scripture readers as well as readers for special worship services (Christmas Eve, Patriotic service, etc…).
- Helps prepare the Sanctuary for services, walking through at the end of each week to discard of trash (or let maintenance know) and making sure the chair backs are stocked with all needed information. This includes periodically walking through and making
sure all the Bibles, Children’s Bibles and hymnals are stocked and evenly distributed.
- Purchase/order all needed supplies for the worship ministry and worship services. Included in this are seasonal supplies (Christmas candles, Lenten candles, palm branches, Mother’s Day carnations, etc…) and regularly ordered supplies (communion cups and
- Produce musical packets for all ensembles and copies of songs needed.
- Assist with setup for musical ensembles as needed (handbells, orchestra, choir, etc…).
- Maintains the accounting within the worship ministry, keeping track of receipts, submitting check requests, responding to invoices and processing the credit card bill each month.
- Keeps all licensing up to date and logs all songs as needed. This includes logging music on a monthly basis for OneLicense.net and as requested by CCLI/Song Select.
- Produce Worship Arts mailings, including birthday cards for volunteers and Christmas cards. This includes purchasing stamps, printing return address labels, compiling contact information, writing addresses and assembling mailings.
- Attend one Growth Team meeting each month, as well as periodic all-staff meetings and workshops during the year.
- Coordinate details for additional elements taking place in our worship services (baskets for palm branches, etc…).
- Run errands for the Director of Worship/Growth Team...post office, bank, special event purchases, etc… as needed.
- Help coordinate details for all Worship Arts events (Fall Kickoff, Sermon Series Planning Event, volunteer appreciation events, etc…).
- Communicate with the Decorations Committee regarding times when altar flowers need to be purchased and help keep the banners next to the elevator updated.
- Provide support to the other Administrative Assistants during peak seasons, vacations, and special circumstances.
Develop a core team of volunteers (at least two) to help with tasks as needed. Job duties that volunteers could assist with include Sanctuary preparation, mailings, Onelicense.net/CCLI song logs, worship events, etc…
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a follower of Jesus Christ who is an active member/attender of a Christian Church.
- Support the leadership and the vision of Prince of Peace Church and the Worship Arts ministry.
- An outgoing, positive personality with the ability to invite people into ministry and encourage their efforts.
- A strong team player with the ability to collaborate, lead, and self-direct.
- Must have a pleasant phone manner and a pleasant personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide excellent work product with attention to details.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is required.
- Must have the proven ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines and ministry growth requirements
- Maintain a professional attitude with volunteers and church members.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and refer inquiries to the appropriate leaders.
- Willingness to learn and use computer software that supports our ministry.
- Must have an understanding of and the ability to publicly support the theology of the Lutheran church.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least a high school diploma and college or vocational education preferred.
- At least 3-5 years office experience and/or training...word processing, spread sheet, presentation software, copier, calculator, e-mail, and internet knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Planning Center Online and Easy Worship preferred.
To apply please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org