Spiritual Development Pastor - Church on the Hill
Overview: The Spiritual Development Pastor will lead and manage Church on the Hill’s efforts to reach and disciple the adult population of COTH and support the spiritual development of other ministry departments.This job is full-time, requiring at least 40 hours
per week. Salary is commensurate to responsibilities with consideration given to prospect’s education, experience and previous effectiveness. Vacation, PTO and health benefits are also available. The position is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Qualifications: Applicant must be a courageous Christ-follower who (1) maintains a consistent devotional life of prayer and Bible study, (2) has a history of active service and practicing commonly held spiritual disciplines,including tithing, to a local
church, (3) demonstrates observable Christian behavior with family, friends and community, (4) influences others to become courageous followers of Christ and (5) accepts the Church on the Hill statement of faith
Applicant must have a definite spiritual calling to minister to adults and should (1) have received a bachelorsdegree or higher in a related field, or demonstrate comparable experience, (2) have a minimum of 2 years experience in a church of 500 or more, or a similar organization,
(3) have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a related field, (4) be open to, pursuing, or have received ordination in an evangelical church.
Applicant should demonstrate a substantial collection of the following gifts, characteristics and abilities: leadership, management, duplication, delegation, self-motivation, initiative, organization, enthusiasm, creativity, relationship building, team-mindedness,
professionalism, maturity, communication.
Applicant should understand and accept these spiritual development ministry practices: (1) relevant communication of God’s word requires techniques and strategies that address the history, needs, preferences and learning styles of various adults, (2) to
be effective long-term, volunteers must be appreciated & encouraged as much as they are equipped & held accountable, (3) to impact the maximum number of adults possible, (4)disciples are created as they serve, are educated and develop community with one another.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
1. Stay connected to the church body by attending, and particpating when assigned, the weekly celebrationservices and through other provided connection points (small groups, classes, all-church events, service opportunities, etc.).
2. Attend staff meetings as determined with supervisor.
3. Comply with personnel policy.
4. Provide a brief monthly written report to the Lead Pastor.
5. Finalize, implement and oversee a new church wide spiritual development strategy known as CLIMB. (This strategy has been created by our staff, in conjunction with a consultant (coach), and will be finalized with the person hired to implement and oversee
6. Appreciate, encourage and connect with volunteers in various ways.
7. Maintain awareness of trends, tools and techniques that are effective in producing spiritual development in adults.
8. Continually refine and implement our CLIMB strategy.