Foundry United Methodist Church (foundrychurch.org), a multi-site church located in NW Houston, is seeking a full-time Director of High School Ministries for their Jones Road Campus. The Director will engage students in their faith formation with a strong emphasis on building relationships with students and the volunteers in the student ministry. The Director will be available to students in a variety of ways and will help students find a means of service in the congregation and the community. The Director will recruit, train and empower volunteers to oversee aspects of the student ministry as well as the weekly programming. The Director will report to the Family Ministry Director and work in collaboration with the Director of Middle School Ministries, Fry Road Student Ministry Director, Pastor of Fry Road Students, student ministry interns and administrative staff.
FUMC is currently serving 275+ students with a full array of programs for more in-depth growth, events for fellowship and connection as well as opportunities to serve in meaningful ways. It is an established ministry and highly valued by church members and leadership. Components include Sunday morning student Life Groups, mid-week Bible studies, Sunday night programs, special events, mission trips (local, domestic, and international), well-equipped students space and leadership opportunities. With a history of successful ministry to build upon, the Director will enjoy the support of parents and staff as they are given freedom to be creative and try new things.
- Implementing the student ministry programs for high school including Sunday morning student Life Groups, mid-week Bible studies, retreats, trips, service opportunities and special events
- Communicating in a timely manner and, as effectively as possible, using all available resources
- Ensuring relationships are built between the student ministry volunteers, the students, and their families by shepherding them and helping them develop their own relationship with Jesus Christ
- Recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
- Coordinating, equipping and supervising student ministry interns
- Creating an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship where emerging spiritual and leadership skills can be developed
- Integrating the student ministry into the life of the congregation in which students are serving in leadership roles so that there is cohesion and connection with the rest of the church
- Keeping records of student participation and providing effective follow up with students and families
- Demonstrates a commitment to Jesus Christ
- Understands the importance of this role in the Body of Christ
- Embraces the United Methodist doctrine and supports the ministry and vision of FUMC
- Has a Bachelor’s degree
- Seeks to minister to and with students and the adult volunteers who serve in the ministry
- Has a heart for serving in the community and reaching people where they are
- Serves as a collaborative team member with a diverse group of volunteers as well as church staff
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has the ability to manage multiple event ministries well and is highly organized
- Exhibits the ability to empower teams of adult volunteers
- Desires to partner with and equip parents to be the spiritual influencers for their students
Those interested and qualified for the position should send a cover letter and resume to Theresa Fauser, Family Ministry Director, at Theresa.Fauser@foundrychurch.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorONEeighty church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
THE FOUNDRY STORY
The Foundry has become what it is today through faith, prayer and vision. The vision began in 1978 when the Northwest area of Houston was beginning to see rapid growth.
On May 28, 1978, twenty eight people interested in establishing the church gathered at Post Elementary School for services. In 1984 Rev. Godfrey Hubert was appointed to The Foundry. Under his leadership the church has become a Christian beacon in Northwest Houston. In April of 2008, Foundry launched it's Fry Road campus More...