- EDUCATION: College
- SPIRITUAL QUALITIES: humble, teachable, flexible, established prayer life, heart for God and meets the qualifications of an elder in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- PERSONAL QUALITIES: stimulates creativity, accepts responsibility, lives with a sense of balance, has a love and passion for students, listens to honest feedback.
- LEADERSHIP QUALITIES: boost team morale, fosters loyalty among volunteers, good planner and manager, good communicator, and pursues excellence.
- EVANGELISM/DISCIPLESHIP: Is living in connection with lost people and seeking to reach youth and college for Christ and disciple them in their faith. He has a heart for evangelism.
- To provide overall direction, goal setting, uniform strategy, administration, evaluation, and planning for all youth and college ministries.
- To develop an effective strategy for college ministry that disciples students within First Free and on the college campus.
- To disciple/evangelize youth and college leaders. Follow-up with visitors to ministry events.
- To train, equip and release youth and college volunteers to develop intentional disciple making relationships with students.
- To evaluate, correlate, and approve curriculum to be used in all areas of the youth/college ministry.
- To be sensitive to the needs of troubled or hospitalized students and provide adequate care and counsel to the students and his/her family.
- To communicate in your weekly meeting with your supervisor current and upcoming needs and events and purpose of those events.
- To establish yearly goals and evaluate progress on a regular basis.
- To communicate with the Director of Ministry Support accurate, up-to-date records of all youth staff and students.
Manage and keep up with social networking – facebook page, twitter, text messaging to stay in contact with students.
- To develop a means to regularly communicate with parents. )
- To participate in weekly staff meetings and communicate regularly recruitment needs, goal setting, problem solving and prayer support.
- To keep alert as to current trends, resources, conferences, and other youth ministries across the country so as to benefit from the innovations and ideas of other youth ministries. Develop a network of successful youth pastors that you can call on
ideas and suggestions.
OTHER IMPORTANT TRAITS:
- Major strength is at the high school level/college level.
- Married. Their spouse has demonstrated a heart for the ministry and sees herself in partnership with her husband. She does not need to be involved in all aspects of the ministry, but is supportive and connects with the ministry.
- Maintaining and developing youth facilities/areas/equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and manage youth & college ministry budget and finances.
- Teaches the college class on Sunday morning and has a plan to develop other leaders/teachers.
- To develop small group(s) for college mid-week. (either in homes or on campus)
- To set aside time to disciple students on campus during the week.
- To develop a college leadership team and disciple new college leaders, lead the team to develop socials, fellowships and follow up for outreach.
- Be able to preach occasionally on Sunday morning. (3 times a year) and occasionally accept other teaching responsibility in a small group or community group.