Position Announcement: Minister of Students and Young Adults
Greenridge Baptist Church is seeking an experienced person who loves students and their families to lead our student and college/career ministries. The Minister of Students and Young Adults must embrace and champion our mission:
The mission of Greenridge is to equip and encourage our congregation to fulfill the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-19 by Connecting with God and others, Growing in our relationships with Christ, Serving in the community and church and Sharing the message of Jesus with others. This commission positions us to be the hands and feet of Christ in a hurting world.
He should also be an energetic, highly motivated, team builder. He should have experience and success in building and training a team of leaders. He should have balanced view of the importance of both outreach and discipleship. He must be a man committed to personal spiritual disciplines as well as building the body corporately.
This leader must help champion and protect the broader mission of the Church and the fulfillment of our God-given purposes. He must demonstrate a commitment to the core values of the Church and seek to integrate Student and College/Career Ministry with the ongoing pursuit of our unique calling and vision as a Church body/family. He should seek and create opportunities for the students and young adults to serve and to function as an integral part of the broader Church.
First and foremost, leader must communicate frequently and relate well with parents. The establishing and strengthening of God honoring relationships with young adults, students and parents must always remain a top priority in the planning of his time.
This leader must have the ability to recruit, equip, and release both adults and students into ministry and delegate effectively. He must be able to build, maintain and grow a Student Ministry leadership team comprised of youth and adult leaders who share his love for God, commitment to students and qualify as Biblical role models. He must be able to provide the necessary training in order to equip them for service in Student Ministry. He must be able to guide and direct the college/career group and equip and empower them to sustain the ministry and thrive as individuals during this important and key period of personal transition.
This leader must be able to help all students/young adults (and ministry leaders) grow in their personal relationship with God and in their knowledge, understanding and application of biblical truth in their daily lives. A love and respect for God’s Word must be central to all aspects of his Ministry and regularly cultivated among the students/young adults. He must consistently make opportunities for the teaching and application of God’s Word.
This leader must always be looking for a variety of ways and providing regular opportunities for our students to reach out to other students in our community in order to share the love and hope of Christ. These outreach events and activities should provide the opportunity for relationship building, modeling, and always give opportunity for following Christ through the presentation of the gospel.
This leader must give students regular opportunities to grow and experience life change through short-term mission trips and/or service projects. A balanced offering of trips and projects appropriate for each age, experience and maturity level must be provided in order to meet students where they are and challenge them to take their next step.
Experience & Education:
- Master’s Degree is preferred - Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Bible and youth ministry
- Two years or more of experience in leading a multi-staff/volunteer Student Ministry.
- Must be aware of and experienced in current youth culture
- Must be ordained or willing to be ordained
- Direct Oversight /Involvement in Student Ministry (Middle School & High School) and College/Career Ministry (Young Adult)
- Set the direction of and establish goals for the Ministry through a God generated vision. Specifically, present the vision and carry out the vision through leading a team of adult volunteers to embrace their calling to Ministry to carry out the mission by the use of their spiritual gifts.
- Create targeted programming for the middle school and the high school.
- Take responsibility for the recruitment, equipping, and the development of all middle school and high school adult volunteer staff.
- Plan and organize a balanced yearly calendar for the Student Ministry in the areas of evangelism, discipleship, ministry, worship, and fellowship.
- Recommend curriculum for both the Sunday morning and Wednesday evening for both middle school and high school students.
- Organize and attend opportunities for middle school students to serve in local service projects and national mission trips.
- Establish a comprehensive plan for high school mission trips, which includes organizing and attending local, national, and foreign projects and trips. It should also include various levels to give students of all levels of spiritual maturity the opportunity to serve and be stretched.
- Team with the Children’s Director to establish a well-planned transition for elementary students moving into middle school during the months of June and July.
- Establish a well-planned transition for high school seniors graduating into the college/career ministry.
- Maintain regular leadership team meetings for both middle school and high school to review previous month(s), plan for the upcoming month(s), and engage in long term planning and vision.
- Seek out opportunities to spend time with middle school and high school students outside the planned events and meeting times by way of telephone, e-mail, attending practices and/or games, graduations, important events, etc. Do likewise with their parents/families.
- Establish a positive and regular flow of communication between student leadership and the parents of all high school and middle school students
- Operate a balanced yearly budget for all ministry programming
- Establish; maintain a vibrant and equipped college/career ministry leadership group that is able to operate a successful member driven ministry with minimal direction and oversight.
- Create targeted programming for the college/career group
- Take responsibility for the recruitment, equipping, and the development of a college/career volunteer staff.
- Assist the ministry group to plan and organize a balanced yearly calendar for the college/career Ministry in the areas of evangelism, discipleship, ministry, worship, and fellowship.
- Recommend curriculum for the college/career Sunday morning bible study
- Create opportunities for college/career young adults to serve in the GBC student ministry, as well as, local service projects and national mission trips.
Overall Church Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in weekly Staff, periodic Staff planning and Pastors’ planning meetings.
- Attend and participate in monthly Ministry Leaders’ meetings and Church business meetings
- Actively participate in and enthusiastically support all events that involve the total Church body
- Maintain a current accounting of and exercise oversight for all expenditures in your areas of responsibility
- Participate in weekend services as required
- Other duties as assigned
Relation to the Staff:
The Student Pastor reports directly to the Associate Pastor and is accountable to the Elder Board.
What to include in your application:
- A photograph of yourself and spouse/family (if applicable)
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position
- Video/audio sample of you addressing a group
- Include at least three references from people who have first-hand knowledge of your passion, experience and impact as a leader in the areas and duties detailed in this job description
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Greenridge Baptist Church
The mission of Greenridge is to equip and encourage our congregation to fulfill the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-19 by CONNECTING with God and others, GROWING in our relationships with Christ, SERVING in the community and church and SHARING the message of Jesus with others. This commission positions us to be the hands and feet of Christ in a hurting world. More...