Harper Church is a medium-sized, conservative, evangelical church that is seven miles, by ferry, from downtown Seattle. Although having a very high view of God’s Word, Harper is relationally driven, creative in outreach and big-hearted towards the broken
in our community.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree and some formal Bible training.
- At least 3 years of Youth Ministry experience.
- Strong walk with God, evidenced by a growing Christian maturity.
- Team player: Able to work well with others, and is humble and teachable.
- Strong passion and long-term calling to work with youth.
- Good communicator and Bible teacher.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Skilled at discipleship and developing student leaders.
- Able to integrate lots of laugher and fun activities into ministry.
Summary of Job:
- Set the vision and direction for the Youth Ministry (Jr. & Sr. High).
- Develop and lead balanced programs that include evangelism, discipleship, worship and ministry.
- Recruit, train and manage an adult leader volunteer team.
- Build and maintain quality relationships with teens and their parents.
- Set and manage the youth budget.
- Meet weekly with the church staff and receive ongoing supervision by the Senior Pastor.
The job will demand, roughly, a 50 hour weekly commitment. The position will require the candidate to eventually pursue licensure with the Evangelical Free Church denomination. Salary & benefits will be competitive with other medium-sized churches.