Beulah Alliance Church invites applications for the position of Community Life Pastor at our West Campus location. This is a fulltime position rated at 40 hours per week.
We are looking for someone with a passion for community life and a desire to see people cared for and developed in their faith with an understanding of groups ministry. A proven track record of recruiting, equipping and mobilizing volunteers is a must. The
Community Life Pastor must be a strong communicator who is comfortable as a public speaker with experience in organizing and giving oversight to large events .The successful candidate with be a graduate from a post secondary institution with a theological
degree and/or 5+ years ministry experience and fully licensed/accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination in Canada.
This position is responsible to minister to the congregation by providing missional and pastoral leadership, care and support to adults through the discipleship pathway. This position will identify, equip and develop leaders who can develop reproducing missional
disciples through the framework of the discipleship pathway. There is also a specialization for Adults 25+ and Singles 35+.
Beulah has a heritage of evangelistic outreach, innovative approaches to ministry and growth that spans over a 90 year history. Our average weekend attendance is over 2200 and continues to grow. Beulah’s mission is to reach, teach and equip people to know,
love and serve Jesus Christ. For more information please visit our website at www.beulah.ca
The Community Life Pastor is responsible to/for:
- Work cooperatively with the Missional Team to increase the missional culture across the church by developing and implementing ministry plans.
- Oversee, coach and encourage community life and missional engagement through mid-size communities and small groups.
- Identify, equip, and develop volunteer leaders to do the work of ministry.
- Equip, train and provide spiritual direction for lay people within ministry area. Provide coaching and pastoral care to leaders. This includes instruction, guidance, troubleshooting and evaluation.
- If applicable, develop and teach courses pertaining to the Discipleship Pathway.
Adults 25+ and Singles 35+ Ministry
- Recruit, train and coach group leaders to create transforming mid-size communities for adults 25+ and singles 35+.
- Promote and give direction for adults ages 25+ and singles 35+.
- Give directional leadership to adults 25+ and singles 35+ Lay Point Leaders, Coaches and Leadership teams.
General Pastoral Duties
- As a spiritual leader responsible to provide pastoral care administered to the congregation by:
- Performing weddings, baptisms and funerals as required and administering sacraments as necessary.
- Serve as a visible and accessible leadership presence at weekend services and other community gatherings.
- Oversee development and maintenance of assigned ministry budgets.
- Provide scheduled POD (Pastor of the Day) support for the Care Ministries department as required. This includes spiritual direction and assessing immediate needs.
- Recruit, equip and develop volunteers.
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. | No phone calls please.