The Prospective Director
• Complete Application
• Provide Resume and References along with three letters of recommendation.
• Complete free personality DISC & VALUE test. You will find the test at http://www.tonyrobbins.com. Email results to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Will need to know and understand the vision of Tabernacle of Praise.
• Attend at least one service each month
Salary Range: $15,000-$18,500
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Ability to plan and coordinate outreach activities
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages 1st – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Fall Festival, Baby Dedications, Summer Camps, (any and all activities that will bring spiritual, social and emotional growth to children)etc…
- Basic computer knowledge a must
- Set up room for service (The room we use is a multipurpose room, therefore, set up is required for each event and/or service)
A children's pastor helps kids develop a relationship with Jesus Christ. This typically includes developing regular church programs, such as Sunday School classes or mid-week events; however, some churches prefer children's pastors to mentor parents and more directly partner with them in the spiritual formation of their children. The responsibilities of a children's pastor vary according to the needs and size of the church. You may also be a part of the overall church leadership team and have responsibilities beyond your job description.
Children's pastors need to have a heart for kids, even in situations where they may administrate a large volunteer workforce. Other needed skills include the ability to plan activities, deal with unexpected circumstances, staff classrooms, address emergencies and guide groups of children. Story-telling skills are typically an asset, as is someone who can move families, children and volunteers under a united vision.
Kids require age-appropriate opportunities to learn and interact with God. Part of your role includes developing a program that uses curriculum you've selected or written to develop their faith. Some denominations and churches will pre-select your materials and resources for you, but you will need to review and adapt them for use within your ministry.
A children's pastor is generally responsible for special children's ministry events, such as Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, Summer Camps, etc. These seasonal activities are a way for you to reach new families and connect current ones in the church; however, you will need to determine the best events for our congregation. Other opportunities include baby dedications and parenting classes that help you minister to an entire household.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Tabernacle of Praise
Pure and simple, Tabernacle of Praise is a place where our heart is set to praise God. When we do, we become word activated, love motivated, praise saturated, and a people liberated. Upon entering the building, smiling faces greet visitors as joyful music spills out of the sanctuary as the people begin to praise Him in song. We gather to bring glory to Him, to be refreshed in our own spirits, to find wisdom for making daily choices, to find encouragement in present circumstances, and to be reminded of how it all fits in God’s larger pl More...