Horizon Christian Fellowship, Rancho Santa Fe is dedicated to WIN a person to Jesus Christ, DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ and SEND a person for Jesus Christ through our ministry programs. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, opportunities for development and a real opportunity to make a difference.
Staff Accountant, Rancho Santa Fe
Non-Supervisory|Fulltime|40+hours per week
Salary or Wage: Commensurate with experience
The primary responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to: general ledger responsibility, financial reporting, sub-ledger reconciliations, as well as other special projects as assigned.
Key responsibilities include:
¨ Actively participate in month-end close processes, booking journal entries and providing appropriate detail level review and analysis
¨ Assist with general ledger maintenance
¨ Assist with Financial Statement preparation
¨ Record cash and credit card deposits
¨ Assist with processing of donor giving; maintenance of donor database and contributions reconciliation to the general ledger
¨ Review and assist with processing accounts payable on a weekly basis
¨ Maintain monthly and/or annual fixed asset schedules
¨ Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process
¨ Assist with preparation of Board meeting financial reports
¨ Manage, develop, and enforce internal controls, and standard operating procedures
¨ Assist with annual financial statement audit requests
¨ Assist and/or work independently on special projects as needed
Education & Experience:
¨ 5 or more years of non-profit accounting experience
¨ Accounting degree, CPA preferred
¨ Experience with QuickBooks
¨ Experience with Microsoft Excel
Successful candidates will have:
¨ Desire to work as a professional in a Church, and can share their values and mission
¨ Analytical & Problem Solving Skills:
- Uses a combination of logic, analysis, experience, wisdom, and methods to solve problems
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand
- Involves others in the thinking and decision-making process
- Can see hidden problems
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
¨ Communication Skills:
- Uses correct grammar, in written and oral communications and correct punctuation and spelling in written communication
- Can effectively get the message across either orally or in written form.
¨ Creativity & Innovation Skills:
- Proposes ideas of doing projects more efficiently
¨ Dealing with Change:
- Effectively copes with change and shifts gears comfortably
- Accepts changing priorities and work assignments
¨ Initiative Taking:
- Is Proactive.
- Takes advantage of opportunities.
- Follows through to ensure successful completion of projects.
¨ Job/Functioning Skills:
- Has and uses the required functional and technical knowledge and skills necessary to do his or her job
- Chooses appropriate tools or technology for tasks
- Experiments with new processes, tools, or technologies to determine applicability
- Understands facts and information related to assignments, including department and church policies
- Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others
- Provides opportunities for others to learn technical skills and concepts.
¨ Personal Credibility:
- Is widely trusted and seen as a direct, truthful individual
- Presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Can be trusted to keep confidences
- Consistently applies ethical values to appropriately address difficult situations
- Operates in compliance with church policies and regulations
- Follows through on commitments and/or establishes new agreements
- Makes decisions based on what is best for the church rather than for personal gain.
- Responds and relates well to peers and to those in positions of authority
- Is seen as a team player, and is cooperative
- Looks for common ground, and solves problems for the good of all
- Represents his or her own interests and yet is fair to other groups
- Encourages collaboration and seeks feedback
- Can be candid with peers
- Is confident, relaxed with and well-regarded by peers
- Demonstrates respect for others.
¨ Time Management:
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects
- Breaks down work into process steps
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Effectively shifts priorities and multi-tasks on projects
HOW TO APPLY
For more information visit horizon.org. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Inquiries via phone calls are not accepted.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications from those who meet the qualifications detailed above, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to employment reference and background check.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15