Employees of Good Shepherd Church support the church’s vision statement through our position responsibilities. We each have a commitment to: Reach and transform spiritually distracted people so we all come to love and serve God!
The purpose of this position is to provide and enact an overarching communication plan for the Good Shepherd Community.
The Successful candidate
Must understand the Church chemistry, competency, character and culture and possess a demonstrated ability to work collegially in a multi-staff setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Good Shepherd Church is seeking an energetic, creative, experienced communication professional to develop and execute a comprehensive strategic communication plan to promote the ministries of the church and to fulfil the mission of Good Shepherd communications
- Maintains, coordinates, and assists with the preparation of printed publications and web-based designs to increase awareness and understanding of the ministries and mission of Good Shepherd Church.
- Conducts research and develops print media and digital media describing Good Shepherd and its ministry and services.
- Assesses current communication plans and recommends and implements improvements and updates.
- Develops a comprehensive Brand for Good Shepherd as a lead member of the Communications Team.
- Works with all ministry areas to strategically guide a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Seeks new technologies and opportunities to improve the effectiveness of print, Web, and social media related communication.
- Prepares plans, layouts, and arrangements for the Church’s website.
- Prepares and edits written material in the production of Good Shepherd’s newsletters, articles, brochures, and other publications on a wide variety of subjects using original and innovative techniques and style.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field and two years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties
of the job such as those listed above.
Knowledge of current practices in communication, print media, branding, graphics, Web design, audio and video production and current social media. Skill in English grammar, punctuation, editing, and spelling; skill in writing articles, brochures and newsletters
on a wide variety of subjects; skill in reviewing web-based designs, using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, graphic design software, etc.; and skill in developing and working in team-based ministries.
Ability to manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships staff and others and convey high quality oral and written communications; ability to lead and work effectively as part of a
team; ability to keep current with creative communication methodologies; ability to understand the unique culture of Good Shepherd and to work within a budget; and ability to understand how communication fits into the financial plan of Good Shepherd.
Salary will be based on the candidate’s qualifications.
To apply, interested candidates should email resume and cover letter describing your interest by August 9th, 2014. Send materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered sedentary. It requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
objects. Sedentary work involves sitting, walking, or standing most of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.