First MB Church averages about 1000 in our Sunday morning services, with two contemporary and one classic service. This PT position will join our Creative Arts Team and oversee the Classic Worship Service.
Classic Worship Director
Position Title: Classic Worship Director
Hours: PT salaried (24 hours per week)
Reports to: Creative Arts Director
Plan and lead weekly classic worship services at First MB Church.
- In partnership with Lead Pastor and Creative Arts Director, create weekly plan for classic worship services.
- Direct the adult choir. Includes creating a schedule and plan for the choir throughout the year, selecting music, rehearsing, communicating with choir members, and arranging for necessary accompaniment.
- Lead classic worship teams in giving verbal/vocal leadership to congregational singing.
- Supervise paid accompanist(s).
- In partnership with Lead Pastor and Creative Arts Director, create seasonal worship experiences (Christmas, Easter, Holy Week, etc).
- Lead other musical ensembles (handbells, vocal ensembles, orchestra, and instrumental ensembles) as desired.
- Primary responsibility for the music Library.
- Worship: Have a clear passion for classic worship, with a solid knowledge and experience in leading a choir, organizing the classic service, leading ensembles.
- Missional: A balanced commitment to both evangelism AND discipleship, or as we coin it, “evangelipleship”. According to Jesus they are the inseparable. It should be the norm for people who have yet to cross the line of faith to be engaged
in entry level arena’s at First MB, and for most believers to be engaged in a small group atmosphere where spiritual growth and serving are taking place.
- Visionary Leadership: Have a demonstrated track record of leading and multiplying both leaders and groups. Be a visionary who grasps where we must go, and a strategizer/organizer to take us there.
- People Person: Be a magnet for potential leaders who are drawn to your ability in providing leadership growth. Raise up and develop teams to “give away” effective ministry.
- Systems Developer: Understanding and experience in developing systems for most effective ministry implementation. Multi-tasking is a must.
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, and evaluating of volunteers and summer interns.
We expect all staff to commit to the following “Leadership DNA”:
1. Character counts. The most important thing in leadership is personal integrity.
2. Be spiritually strong. In order for leaders to withstand the temptations and trials of life, there must be a daily commitment to prayer, personal Bible reading, and accountability to other Christians.
3. Always start with a “yes”. Organizations move ahead most freely when people have a positive attitude and extend, as much as possible, a “yes” posture to requests and new strategic ideas for ministry that line up within our mission and
4. Be nice. People usually want to follow humble, gracious, and encouraging leaders. So be that kind of leader.
5. A commitment to evangelism and discipleship. Leaders must model and teach a balanced commitment to both evangelism and discipleship. For evangelism, leaders must model the 3 steps of 1) prayer for the lost, 2) cultivation of relationships,
and 3) a verbal witness.
6. A commitment to excellence. While God uses us even in our weakness, the Gospel demands we give our very best and seek excellence in every area of our ministry.
Please check out our website Firstmbchurch.org
Please send resumes to email@example.com