The Lead Pastor is the primary leader, teacher and visionary for the church in all ministry areas to fulfill the mission and vision of Calvary Christian Church. This position will have broad responsibility for the spiritual welfare, growth and life of the church in all areas including discipleship, evangelism and equipping the congregation for service and helping them fully become who God created them to be.
- Rotating with team of teaching pastors in weekend services.
- Set the direction for the Worship Team and the Teaching Team to plan themes consistent with the preaching series. Participate with the team in planning creative worship experiences that inspire and engage believers and seekers with the truth and grace of the gospel.
- Develop and lead an internal teaching team who will support the Pastors in their message preparation. This team will also serve as a training ground to foster, empower and release team members to maximize their potential as teachers of the Word.
- Consistently seek God’s direction for the church. In conjunction with his Leadership Team and the Elders, discern this direction and develop clear and compelling mission and vision plans for the church as needed.
- Reinforce and highlight the vision of the church to the congregation and staff through a variety of channels including the weekend worship experience.
- Ensure all staff and ministry partner efforts are aligned with the vision of the church. Communicating the vision throughout the staff and motivating them to spread the vision.
- Provide for ongoing evaluation of the execution and effectiveness of the priorities addressed in the vision. Understanding the direction of the Elders to identify and implement “course corrections” when needed.
- Work closely with his Leadership Team and Elders to identify ministry areas and opportunities that continually move the church closer to God’s vision and mission for His Church.
- Facilitate regular Leadership Team meetings to set the strategic direction for the church. Consistently communicate vision and mission while assuring church-wide alignment with these priorities.
- Develop and challenge the Leadership Team to grow in their areas of giftedness and expertise.
Shepherd other team members – encouraging them to thrive spiritually. Protecting them from over committing while helping them create healthy margin and balance in their lives.
- Guide the Leadership Team in clear and forthright communication with each other – helping them lean into the tensions that will occur and resolve conflicts in a biblical, healthy manner.
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to lead and direct purposeful, efficient and inspiring staff meetings with the whole staff.
- Love, care and protect his family.
- Exhibit a Christ-like lifestyle. Seeking at all times to conduct himself in a manner that honors God and is consistent with the core beliefs of the church.
- Humbly participate in mutual accountability with the Elders – giving permission to be fully known by them and allowing them to speak into his life.
- Develop and pursue regular opportunities for mentoring/coaching/teaching/relationship-building
- Develop and maintain a continuing education plan for self-improvement.
- Actively enagage in the life of the church.
The Lead Pastor of Calvary Christian Church will serve with the foundation of a graduate-level education from an accredited theological seminary, with a Masters of Divinity degree strongly preferred.
Skills and Experience
The Lead Pastor candidate must be ordained and have extensive, proven ministry experience in the following areas:
- Teaching/preaching regularly at large gatherings preferably of 1000 or more people
- Equipping and inspiring Christ-followers for growth in spiritual maturity
- Presenting the Gospel in a culturally compelling way for people investigating the person and work of Jesus Christ
- Reaching the unchurched or nominally churched with creativity and innovation
Visionary leadership in a ministry setting:
- Discerning and communicating God’s direction for His people
- Igniting a passion in others for the vision and seeing it through to implementation
Servant leadership in a ministry setting:
- At least ten years executive-level leadership experience preferred
- Successfully shepherding a staff team
- Intentionally leading from a posture of genuine humility
- Collaborating, motivating and mobilizing staff and lay ministry leaders toward a team-oriented approach in all facets of ministry
Community & Church Profile:
If your looking for an exciting place to be a part of but yet maintain a small town environment - then Winchester is your idea spot. Winchester is located about 15 miles east of Lexington, Kentucky, home of the UK wildcats and beautiful horse farms. Having the affordability of a small town - yet with a large city only 10 minutes away give you the best of both worlds. The city of Winchester maintains a population of 18,000 while the county is approximately 35,000. Calvary is a multi-site church with 2 campuses within the county and another campus located a hour and half away in Breathitt County. We also own and run a Coffee House and Teen Center located in the center of our downtown on Main Street. (www.cairncoffee.com).
Calvary is dedicated to our community and involved in numerous community functions and has developed relationships with our community leaders. Our offices are located in downtown Winchester on Main Street next to the Cairn Coffee House so that we can actually be a part of the daily life in our community.
Calvary's mission is to "Help people fully become who God created them to be" and we do that by a designed strategy of SEEK, SERVE & SHARE. Check out our website for more information regarding our church at www.calvarychristian.net
How to apply for position:
Please email the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- A Philosophy of Ministry
- Anything else that you’d like us to see including a video of your recent teaching.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Lead PastorFirst Baptist Church of Dayton, OH
- Dayton, Ohio
- October 24
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
Wear Love PastorEastLake Tri-Cities Community Church
- Richland, Washington
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Calvary Christian Church
Calvary is a growing, thriving, spiritually vibrant faith family. It is our desire to help as many people as possible to "fully become who God created them to be." We believe that if we can be successful in this, then we will be continually equipping individuals and turning them loose to impact the world. It is our prayer that this brings glory to God and advances His Kingdom.More...