St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Church was originally established in 1979. Today it serves over ~3,000 congregation members and has ~40 active ministries. The mission of Saint Mark Coptic Orthodox Church is to help everyone grow in fervent love of Jesus Christ. We hold fast to the Orthodox traditions, but incorporate a modern and progressive approach to the richness of the Faith. To learn more about our organization, please visit www.stmarkdc.org.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Accountable for the management of the resources and people for all Church activities and events, enabling all staff and ministries to operate effectively.
Flexible. Average total 20 hours per week. Includes Sundays, from one hour before services to one hour after services (~8 am – 3 pm). Includes some evening events, as required. Premium pay offered for Sunday work (see below for compensation).
Working Coptic Christmas (Jan 7th) and Coptic Holy Week (Palm Sunday – Easter Sunday).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Coordinator (OC) serves as the central point of communication and coordination of operational issues. This includes managing the provision of resources, and ensuring that all personnel (staff, clergy, servants, and volunteers) are organized for services, events, and activities. The OC will be responsible for proactively working with clergy, staff, and ministries to identify needs of each group and distilling them into tangible details of requirements, and then acting on the requirements. Also, the OC will be responsible for managing the logistical side of services and events ensuring that there is full communication with participants to ensure that ministries are resourced and organized, and that there is full-communication with all stakeholders.
Sunday Care Coordination
- Organize and oversee all Sunday volunteers (parking, A/V, security, etc.)
- Oversee all Sunday auxiliary activities
- Assist ministry servants with operational needs
- Oversee safety and security of the building
- Create a safety program as a guideline for building use in compliance with regulations
- Prepare periodic operational reports to track developments and inform leadership of updates in his/her area
- Respond quickly to emergency situations
- Responsible for organizing special events at St. Mark’s including contracting space, coordinate event rental equipment, etc.
Space Planning & Meeting Room Management
- Coordinate and execute space planning efforts for primary Church facility and satellite locations
- Develop a meeting room management system
- Work with internal staff and church servants to coordinate space assignments (especially during peak periods on Friday evening and Sunday morning/afternoon)
- Responsible for identifying alternative space venues when the Church hits a space constraint – including major Church feasts and events
- Responsible for coordinating with ministries and facilities when renovation and/or maintenance takes place to ensure no service disruption to church services and/or ministry activities
- Liaise with Church and affiliated school to coordinate space planning efforts and ensure classrooms are up-to-standard for affiliated school needs
- Develop a site space plan that includes strategic plan and current utilization data
- Develop space policies and guidelines to be adhered to by Church staff and volunteers
- Proactively working with ministries to identify volunteer needs
- Accountable for organizing volunteering events to promote volunteering within the Church and to keep a database of names and to sensitively match gifts/skills with needs across a broad range of groups
- Responsible for “succession planning” of voluntary roles – especially those that oversee a critical institutional process
- Ensure that volunteers feel appreciated and are recognized and thanked appropriately
Direct Oversight and Management of the Following Ministries
- Meeting Room Management
- Driving and Transportation
This is a newly created role at St. Mark’s. Therefore, the Operations Coordinator must be able to develop new systems, process, and guidelines from the ground up.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree – preferably in business or management – and 3 years’ experience in operation and project management/event management.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflict among stakeholders
- Proven communications skills, written and verbal
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to work independently and set own priorities and work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with competing deadlines and church demands
- Ability to lead, motivate, and empower others
- Confident and polite
- Ability to effectively listen to others
- High organizational and time-management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- MS Office knowledge
The compensation will be $20 - $25/hr DOE, with premium pay for Sunday workdays.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director - Impact ChurchPrivate Profile
- East Point, Georgia
- January 11
St. Mark's Coptic Orthodox Church of Washington, D.C.
St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Church was originally established in 1979. Today it serves over ~3,000 congregation members and has ~40 active ministries. The mission of Saint Mark Coptic Orthodox Church is to help everyone grow in fervent love of Jesus Christ. We hold fast to the Orthodox traditions, but incorporate a modern and progressive approach to the richness of the Faith. To learn more about our organization, please visit www.stmarkdc.org. More...