Menlo Park Presbyterian Church | Position Description
Position: Audio Specialist: 950 Campus
Department: Menlo Park Worship Department
Supervisor: Menlo Park Worship Director
Direct Reports: None
This staff member is responsible for ensuring that the audio needs of the worship department are met.
- Audio engineer for four weekend services and various special events
- Attend worship service rehearsals
- Design and implement audio set-up for venues: Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, Garden Crt.
- Recruit, train and lead audio volunteer teams
- Act as supervisor for the A2 positions
- Oversee audio-related equipment procurement and upkeep
- Recording engineer for special projects and initiatives
- Provide post-production for weekend audio content
- Oversee CD duplication
- Provide audio support for select, church-wide communication initiatives
- Oversee the facilitation and ensure the quality of audio support for campus-wide ministries, including managing the audio contracting budget.
- DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS: Servant heart, teachable spirit, handles stress well
- GIFTS, TALENTS, ABILITIES: Excellent live and studio mixing capabilities, strong musical sensibilities
- EDUCATION & SKILLS: Must have experience operating and maintaining the audio equipment used in this church
- Must have extensive knowledge in mixing modern worship music for large venues
- Must have knowledge and experience in mixing chamber music: choral and orchestral
- Must have experience engineering both digital and analog consoles for recordings using multi-track systems and Pro Tools.
- Ability to operate, maintain and act as an instructor for media/production equipment
SPIRITUAL MATURITY LEVEL:
- Strong believer in Jesus Christ with a heart for worship
- Humility and a heart to serve
- Brings a non-anxious presence in a creative environment while maintaining productivity
- A strong sense of professionalism
This position is 40 hours per week and requires working on Sundays, Saturdays and major holidays (Christmas/Easter) and Wednesday evenings.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER, AND ANY RELATED APPLICATION MATERIALS TO HIRING@MPPC.ORG