We are currently seeking a fulltime youth minister for Destiny Christian Center in Prattville, AL. Our desire is to hire a husband and wife team that can serve together in youth ministry. We would like to hire the Youth Pastor full-time and his spouse
part-time to serve as his administrator.
We are a very contemporary church that averages 1000 in attendance on the weekends. Our youth ministry is currently averaging around 80-120 students. There are a few requirements that we are looking for in a youth minister, these are listed below. If
you feel you would be a fit for our church please submit your resume. Our desire is to hire someone by the end of September 2014.
- Must love Jesus and be passionate about teenagers.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in youth ministry with an average youth attendance of over 100 students.
- Must be married
- Must have experience training and equipping leaders.
- Must be willing to follow our team structure for the first 6 months. We currently have a leadership
team in place of 25 college age/ adults serving in the youth department.
- Must recognize the need to be a part of teenagers lives more than on a Wednesday night.
- Must understand the current culture of teenagers and be willing to reach them where they are.
- Must be willing to use creative elements within a youth service.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be willing to be a part of our church staff team, understanding that sometimes you will be asked to serve outside of the youth department.
Things that are a plus:
- Experience with video editing