Crossroads Church Children’s Pastor
CROSSROADS CHURCH is searching for a godly leader of excellent Character,
great Competence and Passion to lead a high-impact children’s ministry in a growing church in Fremont, CA.
This key person must have the vision and ability to develop a multiplying ministry. This leader is not being called to do all of the ministry, but to recruit, train, and develop church members to do the ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-13)
Our goal is to fill this position by Aug. 15th - Sept. 12014. Due to the high cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are primarily focusing on Bay Area applicants.
- A strong vibrant walk with Christ.
- A heart for reaching seekers, and growing them in their newfound faith.
- A team player with the confidence, ability, and enthusiasm to lead a variety of people in a multi-ethnic setting
- A self-motivated, energetic person with a “go-for-it” mentality.
- A passion for loving and leading children and their families to experience the love of Jesus.
- Knowledge and experience in leading a team of faithful volunteers.
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to maintain a budget
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication skills
1. Children’s Ministry:
- Lead the children’s ministry team with excellence. The ministry encompasses babies through 6th grade.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for children’s ministry.
- Review and select cutting edge, relevant and age specific curriculum.
- Prepare and provide a high quality children’s program for multiple weekend services and for monthly Worship service.
- Prepare and provide children/family targeted outreach activities.
- Plan and administrate monthly teachers meeting and Kid Leader meetings
- Lead the mid-week children’s program, “Breakout” during the school year
- Plan, staff, and facilitate an evening weekly program for Kids during the summer (6 weeks)
- Coordinate summer VBS for 275-300 kids
- Oversee weekend prep. volunteers
- Oversee and support KidZafari Director
- Oversee paid staff (Administrator)
- Oversee Kid Leadership group
- Maintain children’s facilities and ambience
- Maintain inventory and purchase supplies
2. Time Commitment and Compensation
- Full time – 40 – 45 hours per week. Attend weekly Staff Meeting and bi-monthly Leadership Team meeting.
- $45,000 - $50,000 per year plus benefits.
- As Crossroads and our Children’s Ministry continues to grow, our desire is to see the Children’s Pastor grow in ability, responsibilities, and compensation.
Contact Karen McGovern at Karen@crossroadsfremont.org
Check out our web site at www.crossroadsfremont.org