Campus Pastor, Lake Forest Church – Davidson
• Are you a people person? (i.e. more real friends than Facebook friends)
• Do you take God seriously and yourself not-so-seriously? (we’re the same way)
• Can you confidently and successfully shepherd a flock that includes people who are skeptical about faith, longtime believers…and everywhere in between?
An emphatic “Yes” to all three? If so, we’d like for you to keep reading and consider joining our team. Lake Forest Church is seeking a Campus Pastor for its Davidson worship community – this person will love a growing group of imperfect people and help them
discover and live out their role in God’s story.
Before we get to the real job description, here’s a little more about us:
Lake Forest Church is a vibrant, growing, 15-year-old church of 1,700 – 2,000 people, offering five worship opportunities among three campuses in the North Charlotte/Lake Norman, NC-area, specifically Huntersville, Davidson and Denver.
Started in 1998, LFC is a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). The laser beam vision of LFC is reaching people who have ‘given up on church but not on God’ through a clear and engaging focus on Jesus, spiritual growth in small groups and intentional
deployment outward in mission.
Lake Forest Church – Davidson (LFC-D) began on August 21, 2011 thanks to the visionary leadership of Lake Forest Church and the sacrificial commitment of a 50-person Launch Team. LFC-D is part of the larger Lake Forest Church, one church in three communities,
with each community having its own Teaching Pastor. While benefiting from the connections and resources of the entire church, LFC-D is also cultivating its vibe as a “big tent” where Davidson-area spiritual explorers, skeptics, and followers of Jesus can come
together to grow in their love of God and other people.
LFC-D worships on Sunday at Davidson Elementary School with an average attendance of 360, about 1/5 of those people being students from nearby Davidson College. Our people are all over the map spiritually - from those with totally secular upbringings to mature
believers with 50+ years following Jesus.
About the Campus Pastor Role:
Our Campus Pastor will lead us in shepherding our people. We are looking for a people-focused person who enjoys pastoring others and leading them towards spiritual growth at every point on the spiritual journey. This responsibility will take a number of forms
including (not limited to):
• assimilation of newer people and families
• counseling appointments
• oversight of LFC-D specific teams
• pouring into the shepherding and serving leaders at the campus
• developing the sense of community within LFC-D,
• helping people move through our discipleship strategy - Discover / Belong / Share/ Go - by connecting them into the ministries of LFC generally and at Davidson specifically.
As a leader at Lake Forest – Davidson, this person will have the opportunity to work and lead at the forefront of an exciting and experimental venture for Lake Forest. The Campus Pastor must be, without exception, a DNA match for Lake Forest Church, meaning
that she/he resonates deeply with the mission and passions of the church.
1. Follows Jesus – This person will be a spiritual leader to others and, as the disciples in John 6, will have nothing to give others except what Jesus has given to him/her. As such, a deep and growing faith in Christ is a must. This person will be able
to say “Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ.”
2. Leads Leaders – Much of this role involves delegating authority to other leaders at Lake Forest – Davidson (some of them staff and most of them volunteers) and then supporting them as they lead others. Our Campus Pastor will get to proactively pour into
our campus leaders, finding ways to encourage them and the teams that they lead.
3. Pastors People – The Campus Pastor will become a primary pastoral face for Lake Forest – Davidson through meeting people on Sunday morning, participating in worship services, and initiating contact with people throughout the week. While the Teaching Pastor
and other leaders (esp. Community Group leaders) will assist in pastoring the people of LFC-D, our Campus Pastor should set the example in this area.
4. Builds Community – Campus community is and will remain a critical part of LFC-D retaining and discipling people. As such the Campus Pastor will initiate opportunities and environments that continue to foster community at the campus itself. Simultaneously,
she/he will also collaborate with staff and leaders from the larger Lake Forest family to insure that LFC-D people benefit from and connect with the opportunities of LFC globally.
5. Oversees Processes – The Campus Pastor need not be a micro-manager or in all of the details. However, this person ought to have a natural or learned attention to processes and details in order to oversee the operations of a church that sets up weekly.
This person will report directly to the LFC-D Teaching Pastor. The LFC-D Children’s Ministry Coordinator and Operations Team Leader (volunteer) will report to the Campus Pastor. Also the Campus Pastor will need to have regular communication with a number of
other LFC Staff to whom he/she has no direct reporting line. A collegial spirit is a must! These people include: Community Group Director, Spiritual Formation Pastor, Executive Director, Youth Ministry Director, and Communications Director.
This staff position is full-time position, qualifying for benefits in addition to salary.
• Deep, growing faith in Jesus Christ
• Leadership experience in a vibrant church
• Evidence of building up direct reports and volunteer teams into health and fruitful ministry
• Record of working well on a team
• History of creating community that shepherds people to greater spiritual growth
• Added Benefit: M.Div , teaching ability, previous exposure to LFC / LFC-D