Olive Branch Church is seeking a passionate, driven and highly relational individual to excel in our Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship position. Please see the ministry description below:
The purpose of the Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship is to lead the youth and worship ministry in a way that helps accomplish the mission, core values and vision of Olive Branch Church.
- Must have a sincere and growing walk with Christ.
- Must invest regularly in personal/leadership/ministry development.
- Must be dedicated to family.
- Must be committed to the Body of Christ through worship and groups.
- Must be relational.
- Must be gifted in organization.
- Must have initiative.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and Photoshop.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must be familiar with the Mission and Vision of Olive Branch Church.
- Must be able to perform in harmony with the mission, core values and vision of Olive Branch Church.
- Keep the mission of Olive Branch Church in mind at all times throughout every area of youth and worship ministry.
Developing authentic followers of Jesus Christ.
- Structure the middle, high school and worship ministries so the following core values are addressed:
Closeness with God
Connection in Community
Influence with Others
- Continually aim for the vision of Olive Branch Church with youth and worship ministry.
Be a church for the unchurched to discover life in Jesus Christ.
- Build a leadership team responsible to pray for and support youth and worship ministry.
- Work with pastoral team for the purpose of planning worship services. This includes setting theme, stage design, song choices, schedule and flow of the worship service.
- Lead weekly worship for our Sunday morning environment. This will include practice with the worship team and coordinating with the media team.
- Provide leadership to worship leader fill-in as needed so that excellence in worship is maintained.
- Build a student leadership team responsible for prayer and assistance with middle and high school ministry.
- Show a curriculum plan based on the mission, core values and vision to the Lead Pastor on an annual basis. This will be presented at the beginning of each year.
- Provide yearly calendar to the Lead Pastor showing planned events, outreach trips, training, etc. on an annual basis. This will be presented at the beginning of the year.
- Maintain direct oversight for young adult ministry through regular interaction with and development of volunteer leaders, regular training opportunities, curriculum support and event attendance.
- Encourage volunteer participation with youth and worship ministry through building relationships, providing training and expressions of thanks for their service.
- Maintain and build relationships with middle and high school students by going where they are.
- Provide opportunities for middle and high school students to connect through regular events during the year.
- Ensure background checks are completed for volunteers active in youth ministry.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for youth and worship ministry.
- Report to the Lead Pastor and work with pastoral staff on a peer-to-peer relationship. Collaboration is critical to the health of those with which you will be working.
- Work closely with fellow pastoral staff for the setting and expression of mission, vision and core values at Olive Branch Church.
- Work closely with office staff, ministry leaders and volunteers to help facilitate the mission, core values and vision of the church.
- Provide assistance with pastoral visitation as needed.
- Assist with Sunday morning environment through speaking at the request of the Lead Pastor.
- Salary will be determined in conjunction with the Finance Committee. Yearly salary will be determined by education, experience, congregation size, etc.
- Individual is expected to maintain approximately 50 hours per week.
- One week of vacation will be granted for the first year of employment. At two to five years of service, two weeks of vacation will be granted. Additional leave will be granted as necessary
- Cell phone reimbursement will be $100.00 per month.
- Any mileage driven for church responsibilities will be reimbursed at a rate of .50 cents per mile.
- The Lead Pastor and Elders will conduct an annual ministry review for the Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship ministry. This will also include a salary review.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com. Resume must include 3 references.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Student Ministry PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Westminster, Maryland
- December 6
Olive Branch Church
The mission of Olive Branch Church is developing authentic followers of Jesus Christ. This is accomplished through closeness with God, connection in community and influence with others. Our vision is to be a church where the unchurched discover life in Jesus Christ. More...