Celebration Church is an evangelistic, Spirit-empowered church in Auburn, California, who reach people by teaching Jesus with creativity and excellence. With an emphasis placed on life-changing Sunday worship services, outstanding children’s ministry, and an expanding small group component, Celebration is seeking a Youth pastor who will lead our middle school and high school students to the next level of life-transformation, and beyond.
The next Youth pastor at Celebration Church will develop a ministry to teens that is full of energy, yet focused, evidenced by qualitative and numerical growth in both the senior high and middle school age groups. The successful Youth pastor will serve in order to reach, equip, and grow students through the effective communication of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and fostering of Biblical community among the young people. They will challenge students to discover their gifts, engage them in service, connect them with other believers, and honor God by living Christ-centered lives.
The Youth pastor of Celebration Church will strategically and effectively implement the church vision and values within the context of the student ministry setting, and will be expected to think strategically about evangelistic growth of the Student Ministry while maintaining relationships with teens and parents. He or she will be a spiritually mature, committed individual who will be expected to build a volunteer leadership team, further develop a teen-led worship team, attend adult services, and be actively involved in serving opportunities.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for Middle School and High School students, including Sunday mornings, Mid-week service, summer programming, special events, etc,
- Create engaging, age-appropriate Biblical messages
- Create relevant environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, God-honoring relationships, and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Establish caring relationships with all teens and their parents.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, which can consist of pastoral staff, team members, church partners, volunteers, key community members, parents and teens.
- Plan and coordinate major Student Ministry events throughout the year.
- Manage day-to-day operations as discussed and developed with the senior/lead pastor.
- Provide care for students and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Tremendous love and passion for students and ministering the gospel to this age group
- Have a deep and growing personal faith in Jesus Christ, a teachable spirit, healthy family life.
- Be an engaging communicator
- Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Exemplify honor, faithfulness, unity and Christ-like behavior
- Be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Create a compelling environment that makes teens want to come back each week and bring their friends.
- Grow the Student Ministry spiritually and numerically.
- Support the lead pastor in the overall administration, and needs of the Church.
- Endorse and support the ministry of Celebration Church.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
The Celebration Church senior leadership team places a high value on loyalty, organization, professionalism, respect, and commitment. The chosen candidate must be passionate about serving youth.
Although education and prior experience will be a factor, a heart for God and for ministering to students will have an even higher priority. Additionally, we will give priority to candidates who want to pursue a long future in student ministry and who are interested in planting roots in our community. If you have changed jobs and/or churches every 2-3 years, please do not apply.
Being an "out of the box" thinker is critical for this ministry as we seek to create a relevant, enthusiastic, and growing ministry to better serve our community.
As a staff member, you get to be a part of life-transformations - and get paid for it. Some call it a job – we never do - we call it an amazing privilege!
Salary & Benefits Package: Range TBD- depending upon experience and qualifications.
Please provide resume, references, and video/link of speaking at an event or service.
You can learn more about us at www.ccfellowship.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor - Full TimeBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
Student PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Director of Youth MinistriesMountain View United Methodist Church
- Forest, Virginia
- January 19
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18