The Pastor/Director of Student Ministries will support The Bridge vision, mission, values and strategy by providing direction and servant leadership for our ministries to Senior High, Junior High and Preteen students and their families. The role requires a strong and dynamic leader who can relate to students but focuses on the development of adult ministry leaders and volunteers who directly minister to students.
The Bridge is committed to the mission of reaching unchurched students and families in the Fresno community while also developing students who have grown up in the church. The Student Pastor/Director must create environments where unchurched students can explore and check-out a relationship with Jesus while also equipping core kids to be “on mission” as they continue to grow in their faith.
The Student Pastor/Director will be part of our Family Ministry Team and will be working closely with Children’s Ministries to reach and equip families. The Family Ministry Team works collaboratively, shares resources, and operates under the “Orange” strategy. Our Family Ministry Team is highly integrated where ministry silos are not tolerated.
- Provide ongoing leadership for all of Student Ministries at The Bridge by:
- Establishing team goals and objectives
- Engaging students and helping them come to Jesus and follow Him fully
- Executing quality weekly programming, special events, retreats, and serving activites
- Developing an atmosphere where students want to bring friends and are challenged to grow in their faith.
- Equipping students in age-appropriate ministry skills
- Creating and overseeing all student environments on campus
- Develop adult leaders and volunteers who do the work of the ministry with students
- Provide primary leadership for High School ministry to students and their families
- Oversee the Junior High and Preteen teams and interns
- Manage all finances related to Student Ministries
- Review, choose and coordinate curriculum for Student ministries
- Teach the Bible with clarity and creativity
- Communicate clearly with students, parents and staff using print, internet and social media
- Participate fully as a member of the Family Ministry Team, the Ministry Staff Team and if identified as a Bridge Pastor, participate as a member of the Pastoral Staff Team
The right candidate for us is:
- A humble person of character, who demonstrates a track-record of godly maturity
- 100% behind the mission and vision of The Bridge and willing do whatever is necessary to see the The Bridge be successful
- Excited to serve our specific church community
- A team player that thrives in collaborative environments
- A self-motivated individual who is excellence-minded
- A leader that organizes and develops teams so that ministry is done through others.
- A leader who is gripped by a passion to multiply Christ-followers who will serve others, the community and the world
- Highly relational and enjoys spending time with, and investing in, others
- Passionate about reaching and equipping students
- A creative person with administrative strengths
- Authentic and responsive in their relationship with Jesus
- Has led a student ministry (Grades 7-12) with more than 100 students
- Has been in full-time ministry for three years
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Director of Music MinistriesVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- January 16
Events Project ManagerFreedom House Church
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- January 14
St. Mark's Lutheran Church - Director of High School Ministries/Worship LeaderVanderbloemen Search Group
- Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa
- January 13
The Bridge Church
The Bridge Evangelical Free Church was planted in 1950. We currently serve approximately 1750 people in weekly attendace at our seven different worship services (including three “live” venues, two video venues, and an Spanish-speaking service and Deaf service) and children’s ministries. The Bridge is experiencing a chapter of amazing blessing from God. We are committed to a very intentional process of making disciples, as well as outreach both locally and around the world. Our prayer is that this position will help us become More...