The Student Pastor (Director of Student Ministry) will provide leadership to the North Metro Church Student Ministry through age-intentional teaching at events, strategic planning for the direction of the student ministry within the vision of NMC, and leadership
training and development for NMC volunteers. In addition, will form intentional relationships with NMC students and parents to assist in the discipleship process for each NMC student.
- Give leadership and management to the NMC Student Ministry
- Manage Student Ministry Team
- Give leadership and vision to Student Ministry Volunteers.
- Large event planning (Camps, Retreats, etc)
- Interact and coordinate with other age appropriate ministries (i.e. Children’s and College) to facilitate common philosophies and objectives.
- Primary teaching responsibility to high school students (8th – 12th grade).
- Serve as an ambassador of North Metro’s student ministry in the community (i.e. schools, FCA, sporting events, etc).
- Age appropriate teaching that makes much of God’s word, which engages listeners and bears spiritual fruit (i.e. Confessions of Faith, Baptisms, Service, Spiritual Growth, Aids in producing leaders).
- Earns trust and respect of Co-Laborers
- Able to relate well and connect with appropriate age levels.
- A strong understanding of the migration of a student’s spiritual journey: the transition of a student from children’s ministry, the goal of the student while in student ministry and then the transition to college ministry.
- Reflects the mission, vision and values of North Metro Church within the context of his family, the NMC staff, leadership, congregation, the community and the nations.
The person who fills this position will have the following characteristics:
- Confidence that flows from humility and Identity in Christ
- Team Player
- The gift of teaching and experience teaching in a large group format
- Prior experience leading a Student Ministry
- Seminary Degree preferred
- Dependent upon the Holy Spirit.