About the Worship Pastor Position
Church: Highpoint Community Church (www.highpoint.cc)
Location: Florida Treasure Coast
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Lead pastor of worship, arts, and media
Salary: Commensurate with experience, includes benefits
If you are interested in the following position please submit the following items to HCC.email@example.com:
1. A link to (or attach) a video of you leading worship in a typical Sunday church service environment.
. A current resume.
Minimum Core Competencies
The successful candidate will have strong leadership/team building skills, the ability to lead worship with guitar and/or keyboard, and be technologically competent with lighting, sound, projection, video/audio recording hardware and software. Specifically the candidate must have…
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to build teams and inspire people to follow you as we pursue the vision of HCC.
- Capable vocals and ability to play and lead worship with keyboards and/or guitar.
- A willingness to plan with the Senior Pastor a coordinated liturgy for all worship experiences, including music, prayer, creative elements, environmental elements, etc.
- Experience with various musical styles/forms ranging from contemporary worship music (e.g., Hillsong, Jesus Culture) to more traditional worship (e.g., hymns, choruses) and the ability to fuse them together with other essential worship elements (e.g., prayer, scripture reading, confession, response, etc.) into seamless, timeless, and diverse worship experiences.
- A willingness and ability to build multiple volunteer worship teams, develop additional worship leaders, and train a technology competent core of volunteers for sound, lighting, video, etc.
- A willingness and ability to plan meaningful worship experiences around the annual Christian calendar of religious holidays such as Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, Pentecost, etc.
- A theology of worship that is biblical, Christ-centered, Gospel inspired, Trinitarian, participatory, holistic, diverse, and Spirit-directed.
- Experience and ability to work with backing/click tracks and related software/hardware products and train others to do the same.
- Experience with developing a contemporary “choir,” vocal ensembles, and lead vocalists, and a willingness to use them consistently in weekly worship experiences.
- A strong personal devotional life.
As a part of the pastoral staff, the Worship Pastor will also be responsible for…
- Overseeing the prayer ministry of HCC.
- All the technology aspects of each service as well as pre and post service production responsibilities, including preparing weekly video announcements, background graphics for each week’s service, editing audio/video messages of the service and uploading it to our website, iTunes, etc., and live streaming of weekly services. (Software we are presently using include Elation for lighting, Pro-Presenter for background images/video, Ableton for tracks, Final Cut Pro/iMovie/Garage Band/iShowU/Vimeo for video/audio editing.)
- Overseeing the design and development of graphic elements for in-house signage, website, direct mail campaigns, or series/event invite cards, etc.
- Participating in general pastoral care of the congregation, as needed.
Additional Skills/Qualifications that would be a Bonus
· Ability to play guitar and piano/keys.
· Graphic design experience
· Drama experience
· A college degree from an accredited college/university.
· Currently holding ministerial credentials from a recognized/legitimate organization.
HCC is a growing Pentecostal church on Florida’s Treasure Coast. The church consists largely of families with children. Children under twelve years of age comprise about twenty percent of our attendance. We are located close to great Florida beaches and most of our congregation dress casual.
Our worship center was renovated about two years ago, but due to our growth in the last two years we in the process of expanding the seating capacity of our worship center.
HCC has a strong commitment to intentionally making disciples. So we expect every attender to participate in ministry, be committed to growing in Christ, participate in small groups, and help us reach out through local and foreign missions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
The heart of Highpoint Community Church is to introduce and connect people with the living God. As a local church we are a community of everyday people seeking to embrace and live out our faith in a passionate and supernatural way by showing the love, goodness, and power of our compassionate God to the world around us. We trust that you will be blessed, encouraged and inspired along with us.More...