This ministry is a salaried position of 40 hours per week with responsibility for the management of Harvest communications. The Director of Communications will be a self-motivated, energetic person with a heart for Jesus Christ and a deep commitment to
communicate the mission and ministry of Harvest with the congregation and the surrounding community. This person will possess passion for reaching people through various communications media. This person will also possess exceptional creativity, story-telling
ability, strategic thinking and organizational skills. This person must have demonstrable experience in graphic/print design and/or digital video production.
The primary responsibilities of the Director of Communications will include the following:
- Constantly listen to our community of faith and our local community to ensure we share with both the right content.
- Plan, produce and manage the creation of excellent multi-channel content that is published on time.
- Provide graphic and print design and/or digital video production services. Manage part-time or contract resources that provide additional technical skills as needed and available through the budget.
- Oversee and train part-time, contract and volunteer servant communication positions.
- Create, gather and edit copy for content.
- Manage the website.
- Create and implement a social media strategy.
- Create and distribute electronic news pieces.
- Oversee the creation of, or produce, digital video elements to communicate impact and promote ministries and message series.
- Oversee the creation of, or design, graphics for print, digital and worship media.
- Oversee the creation of, or design, all print media, direct mail pieces and advertising.
- Create and implement a media strategy for mobile devices.
- Oversee the worship media ministry team.
- Evaluate periodically the design and content of all Harvest media.
- Develop relationships with regional and local media to facilitate coverage of Harvest and its ministries.
- Write and distribute press releases in coordination with ministry teams.
- Train non-communications staff and volunteer servants in best and “do-it-yourself” practices.
- Lead the development and implementation of live streaming all worship services.
- Lead the development and implementation of multi-site AVL (audio, video and lighting)
Other responsibilities include participation in Full Staff Team, Lead Staff Team, Communications Team, and Worship Design Team meetings.
This person relates directly to the Director of Discipleship.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and digital portfolio (which includes writing samples; and graphic/print design and/or digital video examples) to Mike Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22. No phone calls, please.