Hill Country Bible Church Austin is a multi-generational family of believers who are united around one mission – to reach every man, woman and child in Greater Austin with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. We are committed to unity, passion, personal
evangelism, discipleship and incarnational leadership. We have planted 23 churches since 1996 and partner with other churches throughout our city to engage the Church of Jesus Christ in citywide issues and to demonsrate and declare the good news of the gospel.
God is doing incredible things in our church and in our city!
We are looking for two student ministry pastors to join us on mission in Greater Austin - one for our Steiner Ranch Campus and the other for Burshy Creek. We launched our first multi-site campus in 2009 in the Steiner Ranch community of Austin;
we are one church in multiple locations – Lakeline, Steiner Ranch and the soon-to-open Brushy Creek Campus. We have plans to launch a fourth campus in 2015-16.
Our Student Ministry is critical in the life of our church and in the development of fully devoted Christ followers who are actively living out their faith and leading others. We have inspiring weekend experiences, focused out reach events, inroads and connection
with the local schools, countless opportunities for students to lead and serve in our church, community, and around the world, and have over 1,000 students in D Groups (discipleship small groups).
Success in this role will result in:
- The vision to reach every man, woman and child being visibly seen in the lives of students who come to faith at the local middle and high schools that feed into each campus
- Families coming to faith as a result of their student experiencing life change and transformation in Jesus Christ
- Effective discipleship of students with the result they are pastored well to handle the challenge of adolescence, they are building their faith and are reaching into their circles of friends to invite them to follow Christ
- Engaging relationships with parents to help them in the raising of their students to be followers of Jesus and to elicit their participation in leading D Groups, and recruiting and shepherding for participation in ministry
Some of the major responsibilities and activities include:
- Doing life with students by attending their events, serving in the local schools or with other organizations, shepherding and developing student leaders
- Oversee and teach at Roots (large group) equipping times; oversee events to engage unchurched students
- Engage parents through training on relevant topics, recruiting for participation in ministry, and through relational, development and team-building opportunities
- Develop an annual ministry plan that includes the scope and sequence for student ministry and the execution of multi-site campus constants
Our student ministry campus pastors will report to their respective Campus Pastor (Steiner Ranch or Brushy Creek) and will work alongside the Student Ministry Pastors of our Lakeline Campus as part of our overall staff team. Our staff culutre is goal-oriented,
collaborative with accountability.
Our ideal candidate will have an authentic and vibrant walk with God, passion and expereince working welll with others (relational leader to staff, students and volunteers) to accomplish a compelling vision. This person will have at east 3 years staff
expreince as a youth pastor in a church with similar DNA. Pastors with staff expereince at a church of 1,000 or larger with multi-site campuses is preferred.
To explore our church more and to find out more about this role, visit our website at hcbc.com