Beulah Alliance Church invites applications for the position of Connections Pastor at our West Campus location. This is a fulltime position rated at 40 hours per week.
This position is responsible for ensuring excellent hospitality at Beulah’s weekend experiences at all campuses, particularly ensuring a positive experience for new attenders. This position is also responsible for implementing Beulah’s volunteer mobilization
and lay leadership process.
Success in this role is connecting new comers into Beulah’s community where they will have opportunity to discover the love of Jesus as well connecting our congregations to opportunities to effectively serve Christ with their gifts, passions and talents,
and to discover their full potential as followers of Christ.
Beulah has a heritage of evangelistic outreach, innovative approaches to ministry and growth that spans over a 90 year history. Our average weekend attendance is over 2200 and continues to grow. Beulah’s mission is to reach, teach and equip people to know,
love and serve Jesus Christ. For more information please visit our website at www.beulah.ca
The Connections Pastor is responsible to/for:
- Champion the following aspects of Guest Services:
- Creation of policies, procedures, values, and constants for Guest Services (GS).
- Develop, administrate, give oversight to, and evaluate GS systems to ensure consistent execution of GS constants at all campuses.
- Stay current with best practices in congregational hospitality, ministry trends, concepts, and ideas.
- Ensure excellent follow up is given to all guests across all campuses.
- Develop standards, and constants for lobby design at all campuses.
- Mentor and train campus pastors and / or campus champions for GS.
- Responsible for the implementation of Guest Services at West Campus. (Higher Ground, Ushers, Security, Hosts, Greeters, Info Centre, First Aid, parking).
- Provide direction for Starting Point at all campuses and direct oversight to Starting Point at the West Campus.
- Arrange for, speak into and ensure quality Guest Services experiences at large special events for example such as the Alpha Conference and GLS.
- Give strategic direction to the overall mobilization strategy at Beulah.
- Develop and implement the Beulah leadership pathway for volunteers.
- Create programs, classes and systems for helping people discover their spiritual gifts, and effectively utilize their gifts and passions as volunteers or lay leaders.
- Develop and maintain a database of ministry opportunities.
- Promote and refine mobilization best practices with all ministry departments including recruiting, onboarding, training and development of volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Own and implement the annual Volunteer Gala with a team of staff volunteers.
- Facilitate Foundation for Ministry Certificate courses in collaboration with Ambrose University and the Western Canadian District.
General Pastoral Duties
- Perform weddings, baptisms and funerals as required.
- Serve on POD rotation.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A committed follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates spiritual maturity and models an authentic relationship with the Lord.
- Commitment to the vision, purposes, values and beliefs of Beulah’s multisite model.
- Highly relational with a genuine love for people. and able to coach people in an Eph. 4:12 ministry environment.
- Ability to recruit, develop, coach, and mentor leaders.
- High energy leader with a high work ethic who gets things done and makes things happen.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks at once and adaptable to change.
- Proficient at developing and managing systems.
- Strong communication skills with peers, volunteers and small to mid-sized groups.
- Ability to lead areas of responsibilities across all campuses through relational authority.
- Team player and team builder who is able to work within the system.
- Ability to think globally.
- Is a continual learner who seeks new ideas and methods.
- 5 to 10 years ministry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with knowledge of, experience in, and a heart for ministry.
- As a member of clergy must qualify for licensure/accredition with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination in Canada.
- Primary spiritual gifts: leadership, administration, hospitality.
- Proficiency with standard computer office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.