Assistant Director of Children's Ministries
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Purpose: To assist the Director with Children’s ministries related to the children birth through sixth grade.
Reporting Relationships: Director of Children's Ministries
Specific Duties would in clued but not be limited to:
- Assist the Director in training, equipping, and showing appreciation to the Mothers Day Out, Kingdom Quest, and Club 56 volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate the purchase and preparation of materials for Sunday morning.
- Send out birthday, guest and miss-you cards to volunteers and children.
- Create and mail monthly newsletter, calendar and other publications as necessary.
- Oversee all communication within the church about the Children’s ministry.
- Maintain Children’s and Club 56 page of church website.
- Assist the director in coordinating special events for Children’s Ministries.
- Administratively assist VBS directors.
- Attend Children’s Team and staff meetings.
Spiritual gift and abilities helpful in this position:
- The Assistant Director must be a committed and mature Christian who views the position as a vital and growing ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church.
- The individual takes initiative; creatively problem solves; and desires to strive for
excellence in all assignments.
- This person needs to have a friendly demeanor and a love for children and families.
- Demonstrates the ability to initiative; creatively problem solve; and strives for excellence in all job responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in all Windows based software.
- Confidentiality, loyalty, and honesty, are essential for this role.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines: identifies resources, scope and time.
Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum of Associates Degree and 5 years related work experience.
Local candidates preferred. No relocation provided.