Executive Director of Administration
First United Methodist Church of Coppell
About the Job
First United Methodist Church of Coppell is currently seeking a qualified Executive Director of Administration. FUMC Coppell is a church family making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world as we Gather for Worship, Grow in Grace and Go to Serve. With a history in Coppell dating back nearly 135 years, our church maintains focus on vitality and growth with the building of a new ministry center coming in December 2014, and significant new programing in all areas of ministry as we seek to reach our mission field with the good news of Jesus Christ.
The Executive Director of Administration at FUMC of Coppell is responsible for directing, managing and overseeing all administrative functions of the church, relieving the church pastors administrative tasks so they may focus on the spiritual/pastoral needs of the church community. The Executive Director of Administration will:
- Provide leadership and supervision of all church business functions and staff including but not limited to: Administration, Finance, Stewardship, Technology, Marketing and Communications, Human Relations, Facilities, New Building and Grounds.
- Provide operational support for, and coordination with, the Church Council, Finance Committee, Board of Trustees, Building Committee and Staff Parish Relations Committee. As such, the Executive Director of Administration should be present at all meetings of these committees.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Senior Executive or equivalent position.
- Able to pass a background investigation.
- Person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant and leader of the church's programs and vision.
- Some experience working in a church/nonprofit setting is preferred.
- Be a certified member of United Methodist Association of Church Business Administrations or have extensive knowledge of Church Business Administration is a plus.
- Be, or become, a member of the FUMC of Coppell.
- Successful experience supervising, managing, directing, coaching, mentoring, counseling, and motivating people.
- Excellent communication, organizational, project management, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to motivate, recruit and retain effective employees.
- Experience in finance, facilities, information systems, human resources, communications, and administrative functions. Knowledge of church systems is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of computer business software (Microsoft Office Suite), database software and network computer systems. Understand the importance of the interaction of technology and work processes. Knowledge of church systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated creativity, adaptability and resourcefulness.
The Executive Director of Administration must develop and maintain an open and trusting relationship with the senior pastor and leadership team creating "one like mind and voice” in the administrative functions of the FUMC of Coppell. This position will contribute to the culture of “radical hospitality” and ensure that the mission of the church is realized. By supporting the Clergy, staff, volunteer committee leaders, and members of the church in achieving the vision of the church, the Executive Director of Administration will make the best use of staff’s, volunteers’ and members’ time and talents, and ensure optimal utilization of the church’s resources by performing the specific duties listed below.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about FUMC Coppell, and to view the full job description please go to http://www.fumccoppell.com/home
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15