The Facilities Manager is responsible for the function of all systems and operation of the facility. The manager is responsible for oversight and maintenance of all services needed to operate the facility to support the building needs of New Life Community
Church and Luther North College Prep.
The manager is directly responsible for ensuring that all life safety and structural systems are in place and functioning in accordance with all regulatory and jurisdictional requirements. Such systems include but are not limited to:
*Electrical *Fire Alarm *Security/Burglar Alarm *Heating/HVAC *Boiler *Façade
*Roof *Plumbing *All mechanical systems *All exterior structures *Building structure
The facilities manager job duties are to ensure the following:
- Work with school and church leadership in coordinating building usage and support work and organizational needs along with managing access to the building.
- Work with school and church leadership team in the planning and execution of building construction and improvement projects.
- Supervise facilities technicians, volunteers and other staff as needed.
- Ensure upkeep of grounds, including necessary landscaping, snow removal, exterior structures and related maintenance.
- Ensure safety and security of the building via inspection, identification and rectification of deficiencies found compromising the safety, security and/or proper function of building systems.
- Respond expediently to emergency situations and take necessary actions to address presenting issues.
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians.
- As needed, coordinate the work of volunteers and volunteer work days.
- Be responsible for the school and church needs in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through personal communication and the use of the work order system.
- Ensure the work order system is used consistently and correctly and that it functions as the key tool to communicate and track building related needs.
- Minimum of High School Diploma and 3-5 years’ experience in similar capacity.
- Knowledge of boiler maintenance and mechanical functions for a large non-residential building.
- Proficiency in basic carpentry and mechanical skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, project management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage employees and lead volunteers.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors and vendors for facility needs.
- Regular timely attendance during stated or negotiated hours (M-F, 6AM-2PM).
- Available and on call for emergencies.
- Ability to communicate timely and efficiently with staff and volunteers on facility needs and uses.
- Ability to utilize a computer for e-mail correspondence and work order management.