The purpose of the Worship Director is to serve Christ and Crossroads Bible Church by planning, preparing, and leading the worship services of the church; and by encouraging a heart of worship in the congregation; and by appropriate development and equipping
of personnel for worship ministry in church ministries.
Shepherd and develop the musicians by providing musical worship leadership in the worship service by:
- Being passionate about their own faith and seeking to share that faith through worship.
- Creating an inviting, worshipful atmosphere – a space where people can meet with God.
- Leading the congregation and the members of the worship ministry in growing their own relationships with the Lord through worship.
- Being a natural leader with a shepherd’s concern for the worship team.
Plan, prepare and be the primary platform leader of Crossroads’ Worship Services.
- Work with the Senior Pastor, Assistant Music Director and Worship Committee to plan and prepare for the services.
- Interact with the staff, worship team and congregation regarding the overall impact and effect of services.
- Integrate scripture reading and prayer into all aspects of the worship leading process – throughout personal planning, in leading team members, and in corporate worship on stage.
- Intentionally fostering relationship with congregation members as those relationships naturally arise (not disconnected relationally from the body)
- Strengthen the individuals on the team by helping them grow in their spiritual formation.
- Model the role of worshiper and worship leader to our congregation and worship teams by leading worship on a consistent basis.
- Oversight of Worship Center facilities, stage and technology – sound, lights, video, etc. and related staff and volunteer personnel.
- Oversight of ushers.
- Lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
Plan, prepare and oversee the leadership of supplemental and seasonal services.
Create vision and strategies for long-term worship ministry including:
- Identify, recruit, train and supervise team members in all aspects of the worship service – be a team builder.
- Utilize a mix of new, current, and traditional songs staying current on trends in worship music.
- Be responsible for a consistent, quality sound mix by giving regular timely specific feedback to the techs.
- Collaborate with other ministries (e.g. Students, College, Men’s, Women’s, Children’s) and provide oversight in developing their own worship resources.
- History of working collaboratively and effectively in a team setting with a variety of artists, musicians (of varying degrees of accomplishment), and styles.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained and modify as needed.
- Mentoring a team of worship leaders who rotate in giving leadership (beyond “just filling in when the main worship leader is out”).
- Meets and maintains the qualifications of an elder as outlined in Scripture (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1).
- Displays a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Possesses a strong grasp of the biblical theology of worship.
- Has necessary musical skills.
- Has the desire and ability to develop and work with collaborative teams towards specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner.
- Has the ability to keep confidences.
- Has good organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to coordinate with church staff.
- Has a teachable and humble attitude.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Is cooperative and serving of other co-workers.
- Shall have a servant’s heart.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the doctrinal statement (including “What We Teach”) and to the statement of strategy and vision of Crossroads Bible Church.
- Willing to become a member of Crossroads Bible Church within 90 days from hire.
- 3-5 years experience leading worship in a large church setting.