Position Overview: Westminster Baptist Church seeks a Children, Family & Young Adult Pastor who will share in our church’s mission, “to know Christ and make Him known.” The Pastor shall both oversee and actively participate in the children’s
and family’s ministries of our church, as well as develop ministries for young adults.
Our Vision for Children, Family and Young Adult Ministries.
The vision of our children’s ministry is to provide a loving, Spirit-led and excellent learning environment for children in our church, so that they may be drawn to Christ, profess their faith in Him, and grow in Christian maturity. Our family ministries
will focus on parents, assisting them to further the goals of building godly homes, marriages and family relationships, as well as enlisting and developing from among those parents, leaders and workers in our children’s ministries. The vision of your young
adult ministries (both singles and married) is to provide fellowship, worship, learning, and serving opportunities to the end that they have a saving faith relationship with Jesus Christ, are growing in Christian maturity, and using their spiritual gifts to
serve the Lord.
The Children and Family Minister:
- Will be under the Senior Pastor’s supervision.
- Will coordinate, oversee and supervise directors of all programs relating to children. Our current programs include, but are not limited to: Sunday School, AWANA, Mission Friends, UPWARD Basketball, Vacation Bible School and child care for special events.
- Will approve curriculum for children’s programs.
- Will develop and enforce security policies for children’s programs and screening for children’s workers to ensure that all children in our care are safe and that our workers are protected from false accusation.
- Will lead or provide training events for all children’s workers and teachers.
- Will be a “hands on” leader, directly involved with the children in the various children’s programs.
- Will develop within and outside the congregation, counseling resources for families.
- Will develop, promote, sponsor or encourage participation in programs, ministries, retreats, or seminars that strengthen homes, marriages, and family relationships.
- Will encourage and promote marriage mentoring.
- Will coordinate with our church outreach program to reach out to children and families.
- Will enlist and develop leaders and workers for our children and family ministries.
- Will coordinate church outreach and develop ministries specifically for young adults.
- May preach several times a year depending on desire and giftedness.
- Will take on other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- A passion for children, young families, young adults, and outreach.
- Organizational skills; ability to network resources within the church and the community.
- Marriage and family counseling skills helpful.
- Ability to connect with children and young adults.
- Relevant experience and education in children’s ministry.
- Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Is committed to moral purity and a healthy relationship with his wife and family.
- Meets the qualifications for elder (1Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4) and possesses a shepherd's heart.
- Is a team player with a positive attitude, who is comfortable working under the direction of a Senior Pastor.
- Shows competence in ministry, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Has a heart for the spiritual formation of congregation members.
- Is committed to the theology, mission, and covenant of Westminster Baptist Church.
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply: Send a cover letter and your resume by email to email@example.com, OR, send a cover letter and your resume by US mail to: Westminster Baptist Church, 354 Crest Lane, Westminster, MD 21157.