Resume and 3 references due by July 27.
The Youth Director will implement the vision of the Christian Education Commission by developing high quality and engaging classes, groups, and events for all ages of children and youth. Points of emphasis of this person would be engagement with families
to encourage participation, helping our youth people to grow spiritually, and increasing participation in the children and youth programs. We desire a person with strong leadership skills who can teach others to be effective leaders.
1) Strong Christian faith and a commitment to education of youth and children.
2) Willingness to comply with the standard of conduct for Christians as defined by the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
3) Ability to engage in a warm and caring manner with children, youth and adults.
4) Ability to mentor children and youth.
5) Organized and has effective communication skills.
6) Familiar and comfortable with social media and other modern communication techniques.
7) Music gifts highly desirable
The Youth Director will work with the Christian Education Commission under the daily direction of the pastor as he or she implements plans in each of these areas. Adult volunteers for the congregation will be called upon to provide their skills, talents,
time and other resources.
1) Regular youth group meetings.
2) Special children and youth fellowship events.
3) Service project for children, youth, and families.
4) Special events to encourage growth and spiritual formation in youth such as retreats.
5) Youth-led worship services.
6) Help Christian Education Commission wisely manage financial resources available for this work.
Relationship Building and Encouragement
The Youth Director will build relationships with families, youth and children and make use of those relationships to help youth and children grow spiritually. The following are a few examples of ways this can be accomplished.
1) Encourage families, children, and youth to participate in summer camping programs.
2) Communicate with families about children’s and youth events and programs. Use appropriate forms of technology to publicize these events and programs including the church website, the church Facebook page, the bulletin, and the newsletter. Frequency
of this communication will vary from daily to monthly.
3) Attend Sunday morning worship regularly. Lead youth group and other events frequently.
4) Be available along to visit potential new families seeking a church home with the pastor.
Accountability, Hours, and Compensation
1) The Children and Youth Leader will be accountable to the pastor and Christian Education Commission.
2) Expected hours for this job are 20/week.
3) Compensation based upon skills and experience.
4) There are no medical/retirement benefits for this job other than funding (amount TBD) for training.