Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
Position: Pastor / Director of Children’s Ministry
Department: Children’s Ministry
Supervisor: Menlo Park Campus Pastor
Direct Reports: Children’s Ministry Staff and volunteers
Do you love helping families practice faith in their homes? Do you love bringing them together to discover how faith in community grows the souls of children? And do you love helping the spiritual lives of children unfold in the way of Jesus? If yes then
MPPC is looking for someone like you to provide spiritual direction and leadership for Children’s Ministry at the Menlo Park Campus. The goal of this position is to grow our children and support the parents by creating spiritually formative experiences and
providing meaningful discipleship relationships. This position will manage the Childrens’ Ministry staff and volunteers that minister to kids on the weekends as well as lead volunteer teams that minister to parents.
- Provide visionary leadership and expertise in children’s ministry to our paid and volunteer staff to grow the ministry (including reaching new families) and to grow the souls of those involved in the ministry.
- Develop a comprehensive ministry vision, strategy and operational plan for children and their families
- Advocate for children’s ministry across departments and groups at MPPC
- Collaborate with Children’s Champion and Children’s Directors at all campuses to execute common ministry strategy and to influence the whole church to be family-friendly
- Develop systems to recruit, train and retain 200+ volunteers for the weekend ministry to kids
- Develop strategies and methods that grow the ministry and those involved and manage resources effectively
- Team with partner ministry areas (middle school, high school, college and young adults, missions and worship, etc.) making MPPC a cohesive community that cares for children and families.
- Design special events to spiritually form children and families (such as annual Summer Day Camp, Winter Camp for 4th & 5th graders, Seasonal Events; i.e. Christmas and Easter)
- Recruit, develop, and manage high performing staff
- Manage Children’s Ministry for four services each weekend
- Build a culture where volunteers and volunteerism thrives
- Develop and oversee the ministry strategy (e.g. Sunday morning, special needs ministry, events)
- Ensure that the Childcare Coordinator hires excellent childcare staff and provides a positive experience for families.
- Oversee the Mother’s Together, Good to Great Dad’s and Growing Families volunteer teams to develop discipleship experiences that meet the needs of moms and dads in our community and integrates with Children’s Ministry Strategy.
- Oversee, Connect and Integrate Kirkhouse preschool director and strategy with Children’s Ministry Strategy
Required Gifts and Skills
The ideal candidate for this job will have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a deep knowledge of Scripture and possess a mature faith. This candidate must have a thorough understanding of child development and be able to lead and minister
to parents. This candidate must have demonstrated management and team-building skills with volunteer and paid staff. This candidate will also have outstanding communication and teaching skills. Significant ministry experience, Seminary education and experience
with a Multi-Site strategy desired. Full time, salaried position with benefits.