Church Description: Vibrant and growing congregation in the Western Suburbs of Chicago is seeking a full-time Director of Caring and Community. Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church is affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church
in North America. Our vision is: “To be God’s Source of shining light and living water in the western suburbs by drawing people to know Jesus, becoming like Jesus and serving as Jesus.”
Position Description: The Director of Care and Community (DCC) promotes a loving, supportive environment within an organized ministry structure whereby physical, emotional, and spiritual care can be easily accessed and disbursed
within the congregation. The DCC provides proactive measures and informed responses to safety, health and wellness, and pastoral concerns.
The Director of Care and Community will also develop and lead the team that strives to make every member, guest, and regular attender (children, youth, and adults) feel welcome and connected to the body of Christ at Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church.
They will champion the cause of getting people connected to the church and making this a place where they experience belonging. The Director of Care and Community will be responsible for the overall development, implementation and management of all ministry
efforts designed to connect people to Christ and to each other at Elmhurst Church.
Compensation: Full time with benefits negotiable. Salary commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Provides visionary leadership, develops and sustains a care access and delivery system working in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Care, elders, deacons, staff, and healing ministries
- Makes personal contacts (face to face, calls, e-mails) to provide a spiritual presence, emotional support, medical advocacy and advice, and appropriate referrals to church and community resources
- Recruits, trains and empowers multi-disciplinary teams to address complex care needs
- Provides visionary leadership for enhancing the sense of belonging in our congregation
- Educates and inspires the congregation about the need for welcoming visitors and embracing new members
- Develops, trains and empowers a variety of teams that offer hospitality, information, and other forms of assistance to congregants and guests
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Visionary Leader and Team Builder
- Strong Relational Skills
- Familiarity with caring dynamics in the large church
- Team Player
- Experience in Caring Profession