The Director of Communications and LifeChange Resources is responsible for Pinelake’s external and internal communications and marketing strategies with the primary directive of reaching our communities, the Pinelake Church family and resourcing the Church
with Christian resources. This position will lead the Communications Team in order to provide creative counsel, direction and support for all Pinelake ministries, events and initiatives and additionally provide leadership to LifeChange Resources product development,
distribution and marketing.
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and management in the areas of external and internal communications and marketing through web, print and social networking.
- Provide creative leadership and direction with regard to events and activities.
- Provide creative and marketing counsel for Pinelake ministries and organizations as they seek to effectively reach people.
- Recruit, utilize and nurture volunteers in the Communications Ministry
- Remain abreast of current creative, communication and technological trends and create opportunities to use this information for more effective communications with the community and Pinelake family. Develop budgets, establish goals and implement strategies
for the Communications Team.
- Direct the external and internal communications of Pinelake:
- External Communications includes but is not limited to the effective use of broadcast, print, direct mail, and internet resources. In essence, this involves ‘marketing’ of Pinelake through effective positioning and branding within the community.
- Internal Communications includes but is not limited to the ongoing improvement of communications between the Pinelake staff and the Pinelake family by establishing protocols for effective e-mail, messaging, and social networking. Establishing effective
staff interpersonal and interoffice communications in order to maintain alignment with Pinelake strategic goals.
- Supervise publications and printing processes.
- Oversee the external advertising/communications/marketing.
- Serve as the media relations liaison for Pinelake and be the primary interface with the news media and other mass communications outlets. Work to strengthen media relationships and effectively reach community leaders.
- Serve as communications counsel to the Executive Staff and as liaison for communicating the vision and strategies of the Executive Staff.
- Resource Development – working with the Pinelake Ministers and others to develop resources as a part of the LifeChange Resources offered by Pinelake to its members and others consistent with Pinelake’s effort to provide Christian resources
that are theologically sound, Spirit inspired and of practical use to build up the Body of Christ as aligned with Pinelake vision, mission, strategies as presented by the elder body and senior leadership team.
- Supporting Pinelake’s Creative Team – supporting the Pinelake on-campus leadership teams and others assisting Pinelake in creating works for LifeChange Resources by offering encouragement, constructive criticism and sharing ideas.
- Training – training Pinelake on-campus leadership teams and others assisting Pinelake in creating works for LifeChange Resources by providing information on how to create LifeChange Resources in formats consistent with the marketing opportunities
available to expand the distribution and use of those materials.
- Marketing – coordinating and designing a marketing strategy for distributing all LifeChange Resources to maximum the return to Pinelake for its LifeChange Resources in a manner consistent with providing quality affordable resources to Pinelake
members, others believers and unbelievers.
- Vendor Relationships – strengthening relationships with existing vendors and developing relationships with new vendors and exploring new opportunities for delivery of LifeChange Resources products.
- Budgeting and Financial Analysis – developing a budget and implementing an accounting system to reflect the cost and profits associated with the development and distribution of LifeChange Resources and to provide a financial
analysis of the effectiveness of various products and delivery systems in the distribution process.
- Adhere to Pinelake’s Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum of ten years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
As a church and individually, we expectantly live out Christ-centered, Spirit-led, ongoing stories of life change. We celebrate this vision of life change by striving to develop Christ-followers who Learn from Christ, Live for Christ, and Lead others to
Christ. Pinelake is a multi-campus congregation with venues in Clinton, Madison/Ridgeland, Brandon/Reservoir, and Starkville, Mississippi. Our campuses are bound together by one common vision and mission under one leadership team, and each campus has pastors
who serve their local community of believers.