DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP
The Director of Worship will oversee, develop, and direct the Sunday morning worship. This is a part-time position of approximately 12 hours per week. He/she will be part of a leadership team that will pursue New Guilford BIC’s vision of
“Building and nurturing relationships with God and others, worshipping God in everyday life and serving the community in Jesus’ name.
- Spirit-filled life.
- Firm, unwavering commitment to New Guilford Church.
- Work well with people.
- Ability to lead and develop worship teams.
- Heart for music and worship.
- Eagerness to recruit and involve people (a go-getter).
- Ability to sing, have a high musical skill set (which likely includes playing at least one instrument well).
- Commitment to outreach and growth.
- To serve as primary worship leader for Sunday services.
- Responsible for the music for Sunday morning worship services.
- Responsible for midweek practices and working with the sound and computer techs.
- To assist the senior pastor or designated staff in planning worship elements for Sunday morning worship services.
- To direct in setting policy relative to the ministries of worship.
- To oversee the delegation of recruiting special music and maintenance of the instruments and equipment.
- To have responsibility for the church's musical room.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings or a weekly meeting with the senior pastor to plan the worship services.
- To anticipate financial needs for the worship department in the coming year and present a budget to the Board of Stewardship by requested date.
- Other worship ministry responsibilities as time allows.
Appointment will be made by the senior pastor after consultation with the Church Board. The initial term of service will be for one year. Further terms will be possible when jointly agreed upon by the senor pastor, the Church Board, and
the director of worship.