Northway Church KIDS Director/Pastor
About Northway Church:
Northway Church is a fifteen-year-old congregation with Southern Baptist roots in Macon, Georgia. We are located in a growing suburb of the middle Georgia community. The church averages between 800-1100 attendees each Sunday morning and has an annual budget of $2 million, with receipts this year expected to be approximately $2.2 million. Northway Church has averaged 15% growth annually in the last three years and fully expects to see continued growth in the future.
Northway Church is ideally located on an easily accessible, highly visible property consisting of 28 acres. Major retailers, schools, and neighborhoods are all within a short distance of the church.
Northway Church is contemporary in worship style and follows a simple church model for discipleship. The church has a strong missions focus, both locally and internationally.
The Lead Pastor is in his seventh year of ministry at Northway Church. The church currently has 11 full-time staff members.
Over the past 4 years, Northway Church has made a major commitment to future generations and family ministry evidenced in our building campaigns (those recently completed and up-coming), our budgeting which strongly supports these ministries, our recruiting of volunteers and our core values. God has more than doubled this ministry during this time.
About Northway KIDS (5K-5th grades):
The KIDS ministry involves over 150 kids and over 65 volunteers. It enjoys the use of a newly built wing with an excellent 105 seat KIDS worship center, cool KIDS Group rooms, a Volunteer Hospitality room and a room for Special Needs families.
Our environment places high values on innovation, creative use of themes and cultural relevance/tie-ins.
Our Sunday format offers 2 KIDS worship services and 2 KIDS Group hours, split for 5K-2nd and 3rd-5th graders. There is no mid-week programing.
About the KIDS Director/Pastor position:
Northway KIDS is seeking a seasoned leader who thrives on the constant challenge and occasional chaos of ministering to 5K-5th graders and their families. This leader is passionate to reach and disciple children to become vibrant followers of Christ who learn to walk with God, serve the church body, develop a Biblical worldview, and understand their personal mission in life.
Phrases that will define, describe or explain you:
- a passionate follower of Jesus - unrelated to a church job
- a persistent pastor to see a kid’s heart intercepted and changed by the gospel
- a believer in trying new things, staying culturally attuned and keeping it fresh
- a big kid yourself, full of energy, enthusiasm and wide-eyed wonder
- a thinker and evaluator, constantly dissecting and learning about what makes a kid tick
- a leader that engages, equips and inspires others to meet the challenge
- a resolute soldier in the fight for families, parents and God-centered homes
- a big fan of this question: “What can we do that will grab that kid’s attention?”
- an advocate for the truth that kids may be little, but they can be world-changers
- a lover of the silliest videos Youtube has to offer
- totally thrilled when you hear, “We’re an Apple-only church.”
Job Description and Duties:
In all honesty, if you need us to spell out the basics of this position then you are not the leader we are seeking. Our candidate already knows the duties and demands of vibrant children’s ministry, is up to the challenge and is ready to get it done with excellence.
However, in fairness, here’s a brief overview of ministry responsibilities and what is expected:
1. Support the unity and vision of Northway Church among the staff and congregation.
2. Articulate vision for Northway KIDS in alignment with overall vision of the church.
3. Provide effective leadership and oversight of the Children’s Ministry for 5K through ?5th grade ensuring effective Bible teaching and application so that children begin and grow in a relationship with Jesus.
4. Ensure that Northway KIDS programming is biblical, creative, relational and fun. ?
5. Be consistently looking for outreach opportunities to the community.
6. Train, lead, mentor, and equip staff and volunteers.
7. Provide quality care of children to include ensuring the child/volunteer protection ?process adheres to current safety guidelines.
8. Partner with parents to facilitate the spiritual growth of children and to foster their enthusiastic support of the ministry.
9. Work to ensure smooth ministry and grade transitions, working in cooperation with Preschool and Student ministries.
10. Implement/lead special events programming such as a VBS-like program called “Go! Camp”, Centri-Kid Camp for 3rd-5th graders, Christmas Program, our Father & ?Daughter Dinner Dance, fall event, etc.
11. Communicate and work with pastoral staff on church-wide ministry opportunities and ?needs.
12. Develop/maintain healthy team relationships with pastors, directors and church staff.?
13. Administer the annual budget and make financial decisions for Northway KIDS with ?wisdom and an eye to value.
14. Oversee use, maintenance and upgrading of facilities and equipment.
15. Participate in services and other pastoral duties as assigned.
16. Abide by all Northway staff guidelines and attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and events.
17. Reports to the Executive Pastor.
- proven success in leading and growing a thriving, healthy Children’s Ministry, for 3 or more years, preferably at a church of 500+.
- a minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited university/college; a major in Biblical Studies and/or Children’s Ministry is preferred; masters study in a related field is a plus
- excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
- a self-starter who does not need to be micro-managed
- a commitment to excellence in ministry
- a teachable spirit and the ability to work with others and prevent/resolve conflict
- organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers
Macon, known as the “Heart of Georgia”, is a town full of southern charm and antebellum architecture. It contains around 155,000 people and is about an hour south of Atlanta. Due to its rich history, dating all the way back to Native American civilizations, Macon is regularly mentioned as a cultural epicenter for Georgia. It is a town that loves food (from pulled pork bar-b-que to our famous Nu-way Wieners to fine dining), sports (especially high school and college football), and music (Otis Redding, Little Richard, the Allman Brothers Band, Jason Aldean and Robert McDuffie, to name a few). It is also home to Wesleyan and Middle Georgia State Colleges and Mercer University. Put simply, it is full of opportunity for ministry and is a great place to raise a family.
Any candidate interested in being considered must abide by the following:
Submit all materials by email to email@example.com in a pdf document.
No phone calls, mailed resumes, visits, or other forms of communication, please.
PLEASE SEND BY AUGUST 1:
a cover letter (yes, it will be read!)
your resume with picture (a family shot, if applicable, would be great)
5 references: 3 ministry and 2 personal
Be sure all documents include your name in the file name
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor/Director of Children's MinistryOtterbein Church Inc.
- Waynesboro , Pennsylvania
- October 25
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21