TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL INFO@ORCHARDTEMECULA.COM don't click on the lower button.
The Orchard Christian Fellowship is a contemporary, established church in the fantastic city of Temecula CA. Temecula is an upwardly mobile, family-oriented city in an area of 250,000 people with a primary demographic of professionals who drive to Orange County or San Diego to work. Our beautiful city has been among the fastest growing in the nation the last 10 years, has award-winning schools and is within an hour of the beach, mountains, wineries, desert and fishing.
The three key values that are at the center of all that happens at the Orchard are E3: Engaging with love, Equipping with truth, Empowering with faith. The Orchard is a high-expectation, high-reward church that loves to see Jesus do amazing things when we use our gifts for Him!
Our Lead Pastor is Jim Jackson. He became the pastor of the Orchard in March 2013 and under his leadership church attendance has tripled, along with more salvations and baptisms than any time in church history. He is a gifted leader, teacher, visionary and author, creating the acclaimed project Days With Jesus. www.dayswithjesus.com Because of the explosive growth, Pastor Jim needs a gifted Executive Pastor to help implement the next season of the Orchard’s life.
The Executive Pastor will work under the direction and authority of the Lead Pastor. He will provide day-to-day administrative oversight and leadership of all church ministries, personnel, systems and operations to facilitate implementation of the vision, mission, purposes and core values of the church. He will oversee, manage, and coordinate all ministries and programs of the church for effectiveness and consistency.
The Executive Pastor, in his giftedness, humbly complements the Lead Pastor so he is able to minister from his giftedness. The Executive Pastor is not a successor or a senior-pastor-in-training. He finds fulfillment in leading from the second chair, and is content to minister behind the scenes.
The Executive Pastor must be able to both handle the administration of the church and be pastoral to do biblical counseling with grace and wisdom. He will develop and administer a comprehensive bottom-up communication plan to assure that the Orchard stays on the mission God has set for us, yet flexible enough to change when God does. He will act as the liaison for the Lead Pastor with church staff, committees, and the church at large and rotate teaching membership and baptism classes.
The preferred candidate will possess degrees in ministry, and business or process management. The ideal candidate will have five years of management experience in secular work and five years of experience in ministry. He will have the ability to help develop and facilitate growth in Sunday morning attendance and envision building projects or multi-campus ministry as a part of the long-term strategy. He will be an effective communicator who clearly defines and conveys expectations.
- A loyal, elder-qualified man of integrity (though you don’t need to be an elder right now) according to 1 Tim. 3 (will check ministry references)
- Financially responsible with your own finances
- Have degree(s) from accredited colleges/universities in ministry and/or administration/business
- Have a proven, successful track record of ministering in a medium to large church (500-5000)
- In agreement with our vision, mission and statement of beliefs
- An amazing, loving, growing church of 450-500 weekly, mainly made up of young families
- Financially stable with generosity of our people as a core value
- Fantastic preschool, children’s, youth and VBS ministry
- Bible-teaching church that focuses on reaching the lost and discipling the saved
This position will be a dream come true if you:
- Are gifted in the area of structure and strategy and the implementation of them
- Are a ‘numbers’ guy who has the gift of administration to organize financials and budgets
- Who lays awake at night pondering how the church can be more effective and productive for Jesus
- Are stifled where you are at in ministry right now and want an opportunity to build something new for God’s kingdom in Temecula
- Find your joy and ministry satisfaction in being a strong second man in supporting the Lead Pastor’s vision and direction
- Along with the Lead Pastor, will be able to manage, encourage, hire and fire staff
- Love people and have the ability to do biblical counseling
- Want to minister with people who will loyally love you and your family
- Take Jesus seriously but love to have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously
This position will be a nightmare if you:
- Are looking to be a senior/lead pastor someday
- Want to teach consistently
- Don’t want to work hard
- Don’t want to stay here long-term
If this sounds like you, email us your resume, philosophy of ministry, picture or link to you teaching (if available) and salary range to email@example.com and we look forward to what God is going to do! (no phone calls please)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Royal Poinciana Chapel - Executive PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Palm Beach, Florida
- December 6
Pastor of Student MinistriesCrossroads Church
- Douglasville, Georgia
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Orchard Christian Fellowship
Led by Pastor Jim Jackson, the Orchard Christian Fellowship is a contemporary, established church in the fantastic city of Temecula CA. Temecula is an upwardly mobile, family-oriented city in an area of 250,000 people with a primary demographic of professionals who drive to Orange County or San Diego to work. Our beautiful city has been among the fastest growing in the nation the last 10 years, has award-winning schools and is within an hour of the beach, mountains, wineries, desert and fishing. www.orchardtemecula.com More...