Position: Director of High School & Young Adult Ministries
Reports to: Director of Faith Formation
The Director of High School & Young Adult Ministries is responsible for leading an active & vibrant youth ministry involving 9th through 12th grade members, their friends, and other youth that may be reach Christ through this program. It also involves developing
and organizing a Young Adult Ministry of 18-35 year olds.
As a minimum, the Youth Director needs to demonstrate the following:
- A relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to work with youth and young adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to youth and young adult ministries.
- Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others, to maintain a positive outlook, and to be flexible in solving problems.
- Vision, passion, energy and heart for the unchurched.
- Develop, guide, oversee, and implement a vibrant ministry for high school students and young adults in order to reach people with the light of God’s hope and love.
- Be a visionary leader on behalf of Faith Lutheran Church for youth and young adult ministries.
- Provide a staff leadership presence among Christian education opportunities for children, youth, and families.
- Maintain records of participants, meetings, policies, and planning for youth and young adult ministries.
- Develop and encourage Christian leadership from youth and young adult leaders.
- Partner with the Director of Faith Formation in evaluating and developing further ministries for children, youth, and families.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
It is expected that the Youth Director will devote an average of 40-50 hours per week in preparing and leading group meetings, visits, and special events, to include, but not limited to:
- Weekly high school youth Bible study and fellowship.
- Regular service and fellowship events for high school students.
- Regular Bible study, service, learning, and fellowship events for young adults.
- Implementing and sustaining a high school youth leadership team.
- Involving high school youth in outdoor ministries and with NTNL mission area activities.
- An annual high school youth trip (mission trip or national youth gathering).
Compensation package (salary, pension, health benefits, and continuing education) will be commensurate with experience and potential.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com