Redeemer Evangelical Free Church
P.O. Box 20864
7735 W. Howard Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53220
Position Description for the Senior Pastor
To provide leadership and shepherding for the ongoing mission of the church through vision and oversight of all ministries and in concert with the staff and lay leaders of the church.
- This person must demonstrate a life of moral and ethical purity that reflects a deep and personal walk with Jesus and is consistent with the qualifications of an Elder as stated in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- A minimum of a master’s degree is required as well as experience as a senior pastor or as a pastor in a multi-staff setting for at least 5 years.
- He must be credentialed by the EFCA or be willing to do so as soon as possible upon arriving at Redeemer.
- He needs to possess leadership and administrative skills to include working with and through others and a willingness to work cooperatively with other staff and ministries.
- This person must have the demonstrated ability and be committed to the recruiting, training and empowering of lay leaders under his oversight to accomplish the ministry God has called them to do.
- He must possess the spiritual gifts of leadership and preaching/teaching along with other gifts, personality, and talents appropriate for this area of ministry.
- He must be willing to work closely with other churches of like faith and the district staff of the Forest Lakes District, EFCA to help accomplish the mission.
- To preach the full counsel of God’s Word to the people of Redeemer in a way that is transformational in its efforts.
- To clearly communicate the mission, vision, and core values of our church in a compelling way.
- To oversee the pastoral and administrative staff with the goal of developing them to become ever more effective in accomplishing their part of the mission.
- To be a leader by example and effort that encourages the kind of corporate worship that draws people closer to Christ and brings Him greater honor and glory.
- To be the champion of transformational discipleship for all ministries of the church.
- To be a constant cheerleader of the Gospel. He will encourage the people of Redeemer to remember their call to the gospel, their need to share the gospel, and their need to develop a lifestyle that is attractive to others for the sake of the gospel.
- To preach the Word on a regular basis.
- To supervise the staff in a way that develops them spiritually and professionally.
- To attend all Elder Board meetings and activities in an effort to help provide leadership and vision in conjunction with the Board as a peer among equals.
- To oversee all the counseling efforts of the staff.
- To work in conjunction with the Elder of Property and Finance to oversee the development and implementation of the yearly budget.
- To work closely with the worship planning teams to facilitate coordination of sermon themes with worship themes and to direct the ordinances of the church.
- To set aside time on a regular basis to represent the church to the community.
- The senior pastor may also assume responsibilities other than those mentioned here as directed by the Elder Board.
- He reports to the Elder Board for all areas of ministry and pastoral conduct.
- In our structure only the Senior Pastor is a member of the Elder Board but it is fully recognized that our Associate Pastors are elders and are accountable to the Elder Board as such through the oversight of the Senior Pastor.
Hours and Compensation:
- This is a full time position requiring 50-55 hours per week.
- Compensation will be based on education and experience. Benefits are available to all full time staff and include health & dental insurance, medical flex plan and life & disability insurance.
All applications to be made through Church Staffing.
Please do not contact the church office directly.