We are seeking a person who can lead us toward a comprehensive family ministry plan with a unified vision and overall strategy. Heart O’ the Lakes Church has a long history of maintaining the role of Youth Pastor. This year we have initiated a shift in this philosophy by seeking this new – more comprehensive role. We recognize that the family is the single most important and influential entity in a student’s spiritual development. Therefore, we believe that this change will provide the best opportunity for discipling students toward become lifelong Christ followers. We know that a vibrant children’s ministry is absolutely critical for growing the church and reaching the next generations for Christ. While we seek to invest more in children, we remain committed to teens as well. Therefore we are seeking the role of Family Pastor to help lead us in this overall development.
Pastor of Family Ministries
• Family Pastor is responsible for and oversees all student programs (ages 0 – 18) and family
discipleship, providing and communicating a unified vision and overall strategy for family ministry.
• Family Pastor is responsible to connect and communicate with parents, providing them with tools,
training and guidance in the spiritual development of their kids.
• Family Pastor should seek to integrate youth with the church to create healthy adult mentoring
• Family Pastor should develop age appropriate small group opportunities for middle school youth
through adults. Sermon based small groups is the current preference which promotes church unity by
simultaneously studying the same subject matter.
• Family Pastor should be skilled and experienced in recruiting and developing leaders at all levels.
• Family pastor should seek to develop student leaders and servants at all age levels.
• Family Pastor would initially need to develop and implement a new children’s program – preferable to
run concurrently with the worship service.
• A growing, mature, Christian who meets the biblical qualifications for a pastor/elder found in 1Timothy
3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Able to affirm the doctrine of the United Brethren in Christ Church. http://ub.org/about/doctrinal-beliefs/
• Ministry degree in pastoral ministries, youth and / or children’s ministry.
• Minimum 5 years experience in direct church ministry full or part-time.
• Outgoing personality and strong people-skills. Must relate to all ages and students in particular.
• Respect for parents and their role as the God-given authority in their children’s lives.
• Able to work cooperatively as a team-player with all members of the church staff and Elder Board.
• Ability to recruit, train and maintain volunteers for various ministry teams.
• Ability to create, organize and execute a comprehensive plan for student and family ministries.
• Gifted Bible teacher with ability to communicate biblical truth to students in an engaging manner.
1. Select/develop/evaluate curricula and resources for PreK-12 Student Ministries
2. Responsible for facilitating youth group gatherings, events and student Bible study
3. Responsible for facilitating children’s ministry programs
4. Responsible for facilitating Sunday nursery care for infants and toddlers
5. Responsible for facilitating small group opportunities for middle school youth through adults
6. Conduct regular parent meetings for the purpose of encouragement, education,
information and counsel.
7. Involve parents in all aspects of Student Ministry
8. Plan events and activities to promote strong bonds of Christian fellowship among students in particular,
and also the church family as a whole.
9. Plan evangelistic events that will involve our students and families in outreach.
10. Develop and Lead a Youth Ministry Volunteer Team.
11. Develop and Lead a Children’s Ministry Volunteer Team
12. Attend various school events which involve students of the church as often as possible.
13. Adhere to church adopted policies and procedures concerning the use of church properties.
1. Demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord of life and a desire to glorify God in all things.
2. Demonstrate priority commitment to your family and biblical leadership in your home.
3. Participate as a member of the Board of Elders
4. Assist and participate with the Senior Pastor in pastoral ministries such as hospital visitation, counseling, and other needs as requested by the Senior Pastor.
5. Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and any other staff planning, development, etc. events.
6. Continue to study, attend ministry related conferences/events, etc. for personal, spiritual, and ministry
7. Embrace the community and find ways to reach out with the gospel of Christ.
Base Salary based on experience
Family Health Insurance Coverage
(1,300 sq.ft. 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Ranch Style with Partially Finished Basement & 2 Car Garage
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Grace Church - Director of Family MinistriesVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indiana, Pennsylvania
- December 6
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Heart O' the Lakes United Brethren Church
Our mission is dictated by Christ’s declaration of the Greatest Commandment which calls us to: Love God with all of our heart, soul, strength, and mind, and Love our neighbor as our self. More...