Northwood Church Connections Coordinator Job Description
Northwood Church is a vibrant and growing evangelical, Spirit-filled church with two locations on both sides of Lake Pontchartrain in the greater New Orleans area. Northwood Church has relationships with both the Association of Related Churches and the Assemblies of God fellowship of churches. Northwood Church was planted over 5 years ago by Pastors Glenn and Sanet Leingang. Northwood defines itself as being a church that honors God through; authentic relationships, a commitment to evangelism and consistent Believer growth, and the development of a lifestyle of God pleasing worship. To continue the advancement of this mission Northwood Church is hiring for a new full-time staff position, Connections Coordinator.
The role of the Connections Coordinator is to facilitate the member connection and growth strategy of Northwood Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor and the Pastoral team. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, covenants and current strategies of Northwood Church. The ability to communicate with staff, key leadership teams, and the church at large will also be a large part of the job description and requirements. The CC will assist guests and new members in developing a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Northwood Church by meeting people where they are and leading them to the next steps in Discipleship and church community involvement. The CC will facilitate genuine relational connections through the administration of weekend guest services, small groups, volunteer service teams, Northwood Advance, and special outreach events.
Connections Coordinator Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Enthusiastic willingness to serve Christ and His Church
- Maturity in Christian character and discernment
- Experience in managing people and projects
- Familiarity with publishing software
- Familiarity with website development tools
- Familiarity with social media uses and development
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy
- Able to be flexible in the work environment
- Able to work within a team toward common goals
- Able to plan and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in working within a church, para-church or NPO/NGO environment
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Able to take direction and correction
The Connections Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities: The CC should display a commitment to upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Northwood by:
- Having and demonstrating a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Modeling a strong relationship with his or her spouse and children if applicable.
- Striving to fulfill his or her purpose in ministry while demonstrating integrity and humility in words, relationships and actions.
2. Model Faithfulness and Spiritual Disciplines: The CC should be an example to the Body by:
- Having a tradition of daily quiet time and prayer.
- Participating in Northwood small groups, Sunday Celebrations, Northwood Advance sessions, and any Northwood special events.
- Embracing the tithing principles found in Scripture interpreted at Northwood as a minimum of 10%.
- Having an active understanding of the process of evangelism and by demonstrating an evangelistic heart in word and action.
3. Coordination of Effective First Impressions at Northwood Church: The CC will be responsible for creating an environment that welcomes new guests by:
- Providing next steps toward connection and spiritual growth for new members and new believers.
- Facilitating guest services volunteers, ushers and greeters team leaders.
- Working toward the goal of providing a high impact and spiritually effective first impression at Northwood through the development of best practices for people focused guest services.
- Coordinating guest reception events
- Coordinating internal and external guest/new member marketing strategies.
- Coordinating a process that will motivate new members to become pulled-in.
4. Coordinate Small Groups Ministry: The CC will be expected to work with existing leadership to construct practical systems for moving congregants to participation in Northwood Connect groups by:
- Developing a systematic and effective process for connecting church members to small groups
- Developing a member tracking and contact information system for all small groups.
- Working with the Pastoral team to develop and incorporate new ideas for small group activities and growth.
5. Coordinate Connections to Volunteer Teams: The CC will be expected to lead people in discovering their God-given for church ministry be:
- Working with team leaders to recruit and train volunteer team members.
- Coordinating marketing strategies for presenting clear visions for each ministry team.
- Developing a centralized resource for ministry team leaders.
- Developing measurements for charting volunteer connections and growth.
6. Coordinate Northwood Church Membership Strategies: The CC will connect new attendees with the Northwood vision and mission by:
- Helping people discover their unique purpose at Northwood
- Providing next steps in becoming a fully devoted follower of Christ and member of Northwood Church.
- Working with the Pastoral team to facilitate new member classes and new member connection opportunities.
7. Coordinate Northwood Advance: The CC will work with the Pastoral team to promote member connection to Northwood Advance by:
- Facilitating the pastoral staff with presenting an ongoing and systematic plan for Biblical education
- Facilitate session leaders as they organize their sessions
- Coordinate promotions for Northwood Advance.
8. Communication Responsibilities: The CC will work with the Pastoral team to develop and implement standards for an effective internal and external communication process to:
- Communicate the vision and Mission of Northwood Church
- Keep the congregation informed on all service and growth opportunities
- Keep the congregation informed of all Northwood special events
- Keep the congregation informed on all approved church news
- Keep the community informed about all opportunities and resources available at Northwood Church
- Utilize external media (both print and electronic) to promote Northwood Church
- Effectively develop internal publications
- Keep the church website up to date and effective
9. Connection Coordinator Measurement and Reporting Responsibilities: The CC will strive toward the goal of having 60% of the identified membership of Northwood Church consistently active in church service and in organized connections that produce Spiritual growth. The CC will be tasked with developing the following measurement processes and reports:
- Congregational and member contact database (defined as once monthly attendees)
- Volunteer database by service opportunity
- Attendance records for Northwood Advance
- Attendance records for Connect groups
- An Actual to Goal Spreadsheet
- A Congregational communication and request response report
- A tracking system individual member growth
- A Connect Card tracking and response report
- A volunteer participation schedule
- Maintain a database of spiritual gifting surveys
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorRez.Church
- Loveland, Colorado
- December 2
Northwood Church, a vibrant and growing, multi-location, Spirit-filled congregation headquartered in Mandeville, LA. We’re just real people, with real relationships, who desire to introduce others to a very real God!
Our Core Values:
1. Genuine, Authentic Relationships
2. Living a Lifestyle of Worship (Romans 12:1)
3. Growing People
This isn’t a career. It’s a calling.