The Director of Children’s Ministry will contribute to the Bethel Grace mission to make Spirit-filled disciples by recruiting, training, and developing church members to carry out the biblical education and discipleship of children (Ephesians 4:11-13).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A. The Oversight of Weekly Children’s Ministry Programs from Nursery to 6th Grade
This includes the following ministries and other programs that may be initiated:
1. Sunday School
2. Children’s Church (during morning worship service)
3. Awana (cooperating with Sr. Pastor & Awana Commander)
B. The Recruitment, Training, Organization and Leadership of Volunteer Workers
1. Administer "Reducing the Risk" screening of all Children’s Ministry workers.
2. Equip children’s ministry workers by the use of regular teachers’ meetings.
3. Make regular contacts with teachers for personal encouragement and assistance.
4. Post a quarterly listing of teachers and lessons for the church.
5. Take appropriate measures to appreciate teachers.
C. The Stewardship of Children’s Ministry Resources
1. Develop and oversee the budget for the children’s ministries.
2. Purchase new curriculum and organize used materials for future use.
3. Create a pleasing, creative and attractive learning environment in children’s ministry facilities.
4. Restock classes and supply room.
D. The Preparation of Special Events
1. Prepare an annual Vacation Bible School focused on Bible teaching, missions and fellowship with a concern for evangelism and follow-up.
2. Carry out purposeful and fun-filled activities for children throughout the year.
3. Ensure children’s activities during musicals & special events when requested by pastoral staff.
4. Provide resources to equip parents in the spiritual upbringing of their children.
5. Work with Youth Pastor to transition children into Jr. High Program.
E. Administrative Responsibilities
1. Participate in weekly ministry staff meetings.
2. Attend Children’s Ministry conference once per year to maintain awareness of trends and tools.
3. Form and work within budget approved by congregation.
To be fruitful and effective, ministry to others must occur out of a healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Thus, the Director of Children’s Ministry must be characterized as follows.
A. A "born again" believer in Jesus Christ demonstrating the character qualities of Christian leadership
B. Maintains a consistent devotional life of study and prayer
C. A passion for leading children and their families to experience the love, forgiveness and new life in Jesus Christ
D. A desire to develop a healthy and growing ministry program to children and parents.
E. A team player mindset with the confidence, ability, enthusiasm and excitement to provide leadership for ministry volunteers.
F. A self-motivated energetic person with a "go-for-it" mentality.
G. Meets the requirements of church membership continuing as a member in good standing at Bethel Grace Baptist Church
H. Accepts the Bethel Grace Statement of Faith and is in accord with the Church Covenant
I. Experience: Two years involvement in children’s ministry
J. Education: Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Education or Christian Education
A. 15 hours/week
B. $1,000-1,200 per month, negotiable based on experience
BETHEL GRACE DISTINCTIVES
Mission and values of ministry are posted on church website,
Highly committed to the centrality of Scripture, the purity of the Gospel, and the majesty of God
Interested in honoring God with a plurality of musical styles and instruments
Affiliated with the Pacific Church Network (Conservative Baptist Association of Southern California)