First Southern Baptist Church of Buckeye, AZ is committed to reaching the world for Jesus Christ by building biblical disciples in relational environments. We are looking for a dynamic, talented Youth Pastor who has a passion for Christ and for students.
- Willingness to be involved in mentoring/discipleship relationships.
- Passion and Interest to follow Jesus in a calling to students.
- Model biblical community in relationships. (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32)
- Model biblical family life before the body. (Eph 5:22-6:4)
- Model biblical integrity in all things. (1Tim 6:11-12)
- Strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Clear calling from God to student ministry.
- Teachable spirit, with a desire to grow in faith and abilities.
- Passionate for students and student ministry, and willing to invest their life in the students of this community.
- Model Christ in behavior and actions for students.
- Team player with effective relational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to think outside the box.
- Biblically sound in doctrine, creative in leadership and vision casting and compassionate in outreach.
- Proficient in computer technology, digital and social media.
- Willingness to live and be involved in our community.
- Be present for Sunday and Wednesday activities as well as other pertinent youth and church functions.
- Administer the overall youth program for middle school and high school students through recruiting, delegating and empowering student leaders and adult volunteers in teams.
- Work closely with Sunday School leadership and youth volunteers.
- Build relationships with students by attending various school activities as time permits.
- Plan, schedule and organize regular Wednesday night weekly youth activities.
- Plan, organize and attend camps, retreats and special activities within the youth ministry.
- Promote the spiritual growth of youth and volunteer leaders.
- Train and/or support youth band for worship.
- Identify and use appropriate resources to engage the culture in which students live.
- Develop students in a ministry model which includes a small group priority.
- Develop an intentional ministry strategy that aligns with the overall vision of the church in order to: reach students with the Gospel and develop them into biblical disciples who will reach others for Christ.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor to create the youth budget and calendar.
- Champion the spiritual needs of students while participating in weekly staff meetings and shouldering part of the weight of a growing disciple-making congregation.
- Bachelor's Degree or presently enrolled in school pursing the completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Prefer 2+ years of working with middle school or high school students.
Salary: $35,000 to $47,000 per year plus benefits, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A resume with picture of you (and your family if applicable)
- A brief letter about you, your passions in ministry, and your doctrinal beliefs
- A video link or DVD of you teaching/preaching
- Links to your web site, blog, you tube or Facebook page (whichever apply)