Ward Evangelical Presbyterian Church (www.wardchurch.org) located in Northville Michigan is seeking a full time staff member to oversee outreach: Global, Urban and Local. Outreach is not another department of Ward
Church, but it is foundational to all that we do. While bringing the stability of a church that has experienced longevity, Ward is aggressive in their commitment to love God passionately, serve others joyfully and intentionally share their faith with people
across the street and around the world. Sundays include four uniquely different worship venues: Classic; Traditional; Contemporary and Post Contemporary.
The Minister of Outreach is responsible for the oversight, development and effective execution of the global and local outreach goals and program of Ward Church on behalf of Session and the Senior Pastor.
- The Minister of Outreach must have a vision of God’s heart for the world.
- Evangelism and service to not-yet-believers should characterize the life of the Minister of Outreach.
- Ability to mobilize the congregation in good words and good deeds.
- Experience in cross-cultural outreach ministry. Overseas experience preferred.
- EPC ordained or ordainable preferred.
The Global Outreach Program: God’s heart for those currently beyond the reach of local churches. The Minister of Outreach is responsible for recognizing and utilizing the resources of Ward Church in mobilizing
the congregation to start churches where the Church does not currently exist.
- Inform and educate the Session, staff, and congregation in global outreach so that members become personally involved through prayer, giving, and going.
- Recruit, counsel and train Ward members for frontier church-planting service so that they are experienced in making disciples of Jesus, and qualified for mission agency candidacy.
- Research and evaluate missionaries and outreach projects so that the congregation may be well informed and that the Outreach Executive Team can be good stewards of the resources entrusted to it
The Local Urban Outreach Program: God’s heart for the city. The Minister of Outreach is responsible for recognizing and utilizing the resources of Ward Church in mobilizing the congregation to minister the
good words and good deeds of Jesus to our metro-Detroit neighbors.
- Challenge, encourage, and train all members of Ward Church to “share their faith across the street”.
- Research and evaluate local outreach ministries to direct the congregation to strategic opportunities for outreach, and advise the Outreach Executive Team in stewardship of the resources entrusted to it.
- Inform and educate the Session, staff, and congregation in best practices for participating with our urban ministry partners.
The Five Mile Radius: God’s heart for those within reach of the local church. The Minister of Outreach is responsible to coach and resource the ministry departments and ministry elements in engaging those within
our 5 mile radius with the Good News of Christ.
Administration: The Minister of Outreach must direct the functions of the Outreach department through supervision of personnel (both paid and volunteer), coordination of activities, and management of resources.
- Supervise the Outreach resources (staff, budget, home, care, etc.) so that the Outreach department is a good and faithful steward of such resources.
- Encourage an Outreach emphasis in Worship, Next Generation, and Groups at Ward Church so that Outreach permeates the entire church.
- Coordinate Outreach efforts with other key staff members so that a unified program is presented to the congregation.
Pastoral Responsibilities: The Minister of Outreach shall primarily provide nurture and care for missionaries and lay people preparing for outreach ministries. He shall also participate in church activities
in a manner that will enhance the effectiveness in carrying out the outreach goals and program of Ward Church.
- Care, nurture and assessment of missionaries supported by Ward Church so that the individual missionaries grow in personal development and ministry effectiveness.
- Facilitate the integration of missionaries into the life of the church so that the members understand missionary service from a personal perspective and can understand the growth of the church world-wide.
DEVELOPMENT: The Minister of Outreach, in addition to his terms of call, shall be given the opportunity to attend classes, seminars, and conferences to improve job skills; to keep current in outreach developments, trends, and strategies through
the reading of periodicals and books; to periodically visit strategic ministry fields (for the review, evaluation, care, nurture, etc., of missionaries, agencies, and projects, and the education of the Minister of Outreach).