Scripture paints the picture of pastoral ministry as a tenacious, undistracted focus on prayer and the Word (Acts 6:4). Out of this focus flow 6 key priorities:
We envision the Senior Pastor living out the 6 Biblical Priorities through the following Ministry Activities.
Applicants should submite their resume and/or ministry profile to email@example.com.
(For our complete profile, please visit www.westcenterbaptist.com/contact/pastorsearch.)
West Center Baptist Church
322 W. Center St.
Madison, SD 57042
Membership: 371 Members / 123 Active
Attendance: Average was 174 at the end of May 2014
Services: One service on Sunday mornings.
Church Programs: Sunday school for all ages; youth and Awana on Wednesday evening; Several Bible studies at various times; Discipleship training groups.
Ministry Direction and Philosophy of the Church
Core Value: To build healthy disciples of Jesus Christ that impact their world.
Discipleship Process: The process of discipleship involves joining God as he makes us more like Jesus. The primary tools God uses in our lives are:
- His people
- His Word
- His Spirit
As a more mature disciple shares their life with us, we begin to catch a vision for what being a disciple looks like. As we saturate ourselves in God’s Word the Holy Spirit grows our faith in Him. As our faith grows, we begin to imitate the lives of Jesus
and mature disciples, taking baby steps in witness, obedience, and love for others. As we see God come through for us, our faith is strengthened even more, motivating us to grow closer in relationship, deeper in God’s Word, and relying more completely on God’s
Spirit. We then take larger steps of faith in each area of our lives. This process becomes a virtuous cycle leading to ever increasing faith, maturity, and unity.
Children and Youth: Adults:
AGE: 0-5 6-10 11-18 19-30 31-45 46-60 61+
41% 25% 34% 6% 33% 26% 35%
Blue collar White collar
Average Weekly Attendance by Year:
2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014
238 217 201 183 174 161
Strengths – West Center Baptist Church stands firmly on the inerrancy of God’s Word, training pastors, leaders, and members through discipleship. We are a fiscally responsible and generous church, eager to serve our body and meet the needs
of our community. We strive to build Christ-like relationships through our missions, children’s, women’s, and other ministries, which reach many members of our congregation and community.
Areas of Growth – Through the ReFocus process, West Center Baptist Church has identified areas in which we can grow, the main goal being to shift from being “me-first” to “Christ-first.” We are seeking to further develop our discipleship
process and teach our members how to study God’s Word as individuals. We desire to facilitate Spirit-led participation of members in discipleship, identifying and utilizing spiritual gifts.
Theology - We support the West Center Baptist Church Statement of Faith and abide by The Covenant and Constitution of West Center Baptist Church which belongs to the North American Baptist Conference. (http://westcenterbaptist.com/resources/downloads/)
What we would like to see in a Pastor
- Has a heart and proven track record for developing leaders
- Pastoral experience working with and leading multiple staff
- Demonstrating success in building disciples through relationships rather than events and programs
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to personally connect with the wider congregation while cultivating deeper relationships with some
- Whole-heartedly agrees with the Doctrinal Statement of West Center and is committed to expository preaching
- Committed to maintaining personal time alone with God
- Able and excited to help us continue implementing the priorities resulting from our recent vision and refocusing process
- Teachable team player who is willing to engage in mutual accountability
- History of making disciples who in turn make disciples who make disciples
Desired Educational Level
Seminary or Biblical Degree Required
Previous Pastoral Experience Required
Senior Pastor Benefit Package
- Benefit package ranges from $60,000 to $70,000 annually DOE/Q and includes:
- Annual Salary
- Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Housing Allowance/Parsonage or salary Equivalent
To be paid by the church
- Up to $3,000.00 (shared annually with staff) is available for mileage.
- Up to $1,000.00 (shared annually with staff) is available for books for personal library.
- Up to $3,000.00 (shared annually with staff) is available for continuing education, tuition & registrations.
- Up to $400.00 (shared annually with staff) hospitality account is available for staff.
- Up $100.00/month cell phone reimbursement paid to employee.
- 3 weeks (15 working days = 3 Sundays +12 days) of paid vacation.
- Paid couple or family membership to the Madison Community Center.
Whether you are looking for the perfect summer vacation get-away or are coming to visit Dakota State University, the Madison community has a small-town atmosphere (population 6,800) but is large on attractions. You will find plenty to do at one of our beautiful
lakes, historic Prairie Village or at one of our many other attractions. Lake Herman State Park and The Community Center provide outdoor and indoor recreation options. The Dakota Prairie Playhouse and the Smith-Zimmerman Museum provide cultural opportunities,
and there are a wide variety of local businesses for a great shopping experience.