Overview: The Pastor of Children’s Ministries will lead the Manheim Brethren In Christ (MBIC) Kids Ministry in our church mission: “To initiate and nurture a growing relationship with Christ.” The position will provide innovative and effective
leadership over the development and implementation of all aspects of children’s ministry programming, serving children from birth through 4th grade, as well as their families. This new pastoral position will work alongside a part-time role overseeing
our Nursery and Step-up programming. In addition, there is administrative support for children’s ministries through our church office. This growing ministry often involves 200+ children and 50+ volunteers per week.
- Develop and/or deploy Jesus-centered curriculum that meaningfully engages children in age appropriate format.
- Serve as the point person on the staff for managing and leading our two hours of kids’ programming, occurring during both our worship service hours (9am & 10:30am start times).
- Serve as the point person on the staff for managing and leading our Wednesday night Kids’ Clubs (6:30-8pm).
- EQUIPPING LEADERS AND VOLUNTEERS by recruiting, coaching, and nurturing ministry leaders who carry out the mission of our children's ministries.
- Develop and lead a monthly “Children’s Ministry Team” involving representatives from all of MBIC’s Children’s Ministries.
- DEVELOP RELATIONSHIPS with MBIC children and parents to the end that those children and parents grow together in Christ.
- Connect with community families and kids through relational outreach.
- Nurture volunteers by providing spiritual direction and insight.
- Develop innovative ways for our Children’s’ Ministry to become more involved in our Sunday morning worship services.
- Our kids should have a pastor who knows them by name, greeting them as they enter our space.
- Be available to greet new families with helpful programming information.
- Join the weekly MBIC Pastors’ Team Meeting (Mondays).
- Join our weekly MBIC staff-wide meeting (Tuesdays).
- Perform child dedications, baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with Weekday Preschool Director in sharing and maintaining rooms throughout the week.
- Oversee curriculum and operation; large group, small group and classroom applications.
- Provide written monthly reports to the MBIC Leadership Board.
- Oversee annual children’s ministry budget.
- Develop an efficient, children’s ministry volunteer application and training process
- Ensure that Manheim Safety System is followed in all areas of children’s ministry.
- For at least the first school year, the Pastor of Children’s Ministry will meet weekly with both Lead Teaching Pastor & Executive Pastor together, for coordination and support.
1) Spiritual maturity and character of an elder (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1).
2) A minimum of three years’ experience in leading children or youth ministry programs, preferably in a
mid-sized church or similar organization.
3) A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with a preference toward a graduate degree in a field related to
4) Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and measure the results of ministry programs and events.
5) A passion for developing programming that facilitates the faith development of children and families.
6) Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices
and by articulating a personal faith journey.
7) Willingness to lead with a professional and positive team spirit that supports the mission and core
values of MBIC Church.
8) Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Brethren In Christ denomination.
9) The heart of a pastor, and willingness to work through the BIC licensure process.
This position will be a full-time pastoral role at MBIC. Full-time positions include additional benefits such as health care, pension and educational funding. Salary will be based on experience & education.
Resumes may be submitted to Dustin Sauder, Interim Teaching Pastor, between the dates of June 15-July 15, 2014.
Manheim BIC Church
54 N. Penryn Rd.
Manheim, PA 17545