Youth and Family Pastor
Travis Oaks Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Youth and Family Pastor. This pastoral person will be responsible for building relationships with both the youth and families in our community. We are located in Lago Vista, which is a fast growing community
of approximately 6,000 people, on Lake Travis near Austin, Texas. If you have ever wanted to raise your children in a small town, with great schools, Lago Vista is an ideal place to live.
- Must have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Must agree with Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Must view the Bible as God’s inerrant Word.
- Maintain a regular practice of personal devotions and Bible study.
- Have strong people skills, including love for youth and their families.
- Have a heart for outreach; able to share the Gospel with others.
- Teach Youth Bible study and/or enlist teachers for the Bible study classes on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening.
- Offer assistance and training to teachers who are teaching classes. This normally involves ways to reach students, peak their interest and recruit students to attend class.
- Have a time of worship before Wednesday night Bible study. This can be led by DVD worship if youth musicians are not available.
- Arrange games and activities for Wednesday evening after Bible study.
- Assess student program needs which includes determining need for yearly events such as: DNOW, student camps, movie nights, etc.
- Plan and participate in youth and community social events. These are events sponsored by the church (movies, eating out, summer camps, etc.) but also community events (such as attending sporting events at local schools).
- Keep the TOBC Youth Facebook page updated and use other social media resources to reach the youth and their families.
- Pastor and his family must be involved in the local community. This includes having their children attend the Lago Vista Independent Schools.
3. Administrative Duties:
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate the work of the Youth and Family department.
- Help develop the yearly department budget by providing input to Finance team of upcoming events and needs.
- Attend staff meetings as requested.
- Applicant must be capable / comfortable driving a van to transport students to and from youth activities.
- We are open to education level and experience.
- All staff personnel are required to pass a background check which includes both criminal and driving records.
All resumes should be submitted to email@example.com