Job Description Church of the Lakes UMC
Worship Leader for Youth and Young Adult Ministries 5944 Fulton Drive NW
Canton, Ohio 44718
Church of the Lakes United Methodist Church has an active youth and young adult ministry in need of a worship leadership. This part time position would be mostly on Wednesday evenings with the youth worship service (Chaos) and Sunday mornings with the young adult worship service (Oasis) and the youth program (Muse).
Hours: 12 hours per week
- Weekly Hours
- Wednesdays 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sundays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- A Christ like spirit of acceptance, warmth and conviction.
- Spiritual depth and maturity as a role model for youth and young adults.
- Practices regular spiritual disciplines.
- Team player with staff, parents, students and worship team members.
- Ability and hunger to connect with people outside of the church community.
- Flexibility and hard work.
- Excellent vocal, instrumental, and worship leadership skills
- Knowledge of various praise and worship music styles with particular emphasis on Contemporary praise.
- Remain consistent with the theology of the United Methodist Church.
Key Roles and Responsibilities for Young Adult Ministry (Oasis)
- Lead worship on Sunday morning at least every other week.
- Develop and disciple the worship team.
- Create and maintain relationships with attendees of Oasis.
- Co-lead the planning of worship with the other worship leader.
- Assist in coordinating multi-media and sound for worship.
- Co-lead setup and tear down for worship on Sunday morning and practice.
- Meet with the pastor and other worship leader every other week to develop the themes and patterns for worship.
- Meet regularly with the leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned by Pastor.
Key Roles and Responsibilities for Youth Ministry
- Recruit, train, and nurture youth volunteers for the youth praise team.
- Supervise the music selection and build a library of appropriate music for the band to play.
- Training the students to help with Worship Service including audio visual needs
- Create a PowerPoint presentation with lyrics for each weekly service.
- Recruit, train, and nurture youth volunteers to set up and tear down for CHAOS each week.
- Help cover additional Worship responsibilities as Director of Student Ministry vacation and camp schedule requires.
- Be available for the COOL Retreat in December to lead worship.
- Run a yearly day long retreat for the Youth Praise Band.
- Work with Worship Team to help enhance the worship setting, grow the CHAOS service, and build a better worship program.
- Musical leadership for Sunday morning Muse program from 9:00 - 10:00 am.
- Other duties as requested by Director of Student Ministries.
- A college degree or in the process of obtaining a college degree.
- Experience in leading worship, developing a team and ministry with youth and young adults.
- Appropriate references and background check.
This position is responsible to the pastor of young adult ministries and the Student Ministries Director for weekly guidance. The employment of the worship leader is the responsibility of the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Please submit your resume, three references and a video of youleading worship to Pastor Micah Holland at email@example.com. Resumes are to be submitted by Friday, July 4th.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18