Position Description for Director of Worship
Steamboat Rock Baptist Church
The Director of Worship will invite, guide and encourage the people of this church to offer themselves in authentic worship of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.
- Provide leadership to all aspects and all ages of the worship ministry of the church
- Creatively envision, plan, and lead multiple worship services each week coordinating with the Senior Pastor’s theme and direction and inspiring people to worship God in a variety of styles, including special occasions
- Serve on the ministry leadership team as leader of the worship ministry team
- Recruit, train, encourage, and coordinate volunteers to serve as a team in all areas of worship: including choir, worship team, drama, A/V technicians, ushers, etc.
- Foster the integration of the youth and children into the worship life of the congregation
- Work with the Youth Pastor to develop Middle School and High School praise teams to plan and lead worship every other Wednesday and Sunday evening
- Recruit and develop volunteers to lead children in meaningful worship times
- Oversee the technological aspects of worship, multi-media, computers, audio, lighting, etc.
- Develop and control the worship ministry budget and oversee the purchase and maintenance of supplies, licenses, music, and equipment
- Develop caring relationships with ministry volunteers through phone calls, visits, hospitality
- Communicate clearly and consistently with ministry volunteers, church leadership, and the congregation regarding the ministry visions, objectives, activities, schedules and outcomes
Other duties according to interest, giftedness, needs of the congregation, and discretion of the Senior Pastor.
Accountability: Directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- Character and lifestyle consistent with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong musical ability to effectively lead in worship vocally and instrumentally
- Interest and experience in both contemporary and traditional worship styles
- Familiarity with computers, software, and audio-visual technology for worship
- In accord with the North American Baptist Conference (NAB) Statement of Beliefs, our church covenant, and our vision.
Compensation Package: $45,000 - 55,000, based on experience.
Send resumes or direct inquiries to:
SRBCsearchcommittee@gmail.com (preferred) or visit www.steamboatbaptist.org
Search Committee, Steamboat Rock Baptist Church
107 2nd Street
PO Box 127
Steamboat Rock, IA 50672